Lynx Defense

So...whos going to possibly the last SAXET show at the Expo Center this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I managed to score some en bloc clips for a decent price. 30/$20. Guy was asking $1 each. Norm seems to have been about $2 each since I bought the Garand last summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I did not find anything seems like more and more non gun items tables each time.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I thought it was a decent show. More crowded than usual but not at the post-Sandy Hook levels. I was glad to see ACJ back. They are a big vendor that hadn't been there the last few shows. Of course, it's a moot point now, but still.

I saw a lot of buying going on. Prices on pretty much everything but .22 seemed reasonable, allowing for the differences between vendors.

Drooled over a table full of Sako rifles. One of these days I'm going to bite the bullet and get me one. Today was not that day. Damn they were pretty.

I thought I saw an old buddy from college a couple of aisles over but by the time I made my way to him, he was gone and I couldn't find him again in the crowd. I picked up a few odds and ends, talked myself out of a Remington Wingmaster, and had some jerky. It beat the alternative, which would have been taking the kid to two birthday parties.

If I win the PowerBall tonight, first thing I do is finance a lawsuit against Sam Biscoe. He needs to be in jail.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I saw those Sakos too. Have several times. Im not into wood and blue guns. The guns and their display are beautiful and i always stop and look at them. Nice people too.

-Without Life there can be no Liberty-

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Dash…. Do you mean "AJC Sports" from Clute/Katy? They were near the bottom left of the stairs you go down from the entrance check-in. I found their hand gun prices to be far better than the rest of the room. In fact I picked one up. I got there late, around 4pm. Ammo didn't look too good and there was almost no 9mm at all.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Dash…. Do you mean "AJC Sports" from Clute/Katy? They were near the bottom left of the stairs you go down from the entrance check-in. I found their hand gun prices to be far better than the rest of the room. In fact I picked one up. I got there late, around 4pm. Ammo didn't look too good and there was almost no 9mm at all.

Yes, AJC. Sorry about that. They always have a great selection and usually very competitive prices. In the past, I've seen them shut down their tables by mid-afternoon because the background checks got so backed up. Every time somebody complains about the gun show, I can't help but think "did you not see AJC's table?"

Yes, ammo has been bad since Sandy Hook but it's gotten much better, except for .22. I never see anybody buying the $80 boxes of .22 so I don't know where that demand is coming from.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Any saigas? Factory glock 33 rd mags? yugo ak pistols? r51 pistol? Magpul ak mags?

I saw a lot of saigas and 33 rd mags. I couldn't swear they were factory Glocks but I think they were. I saw a couple of Yugo ak pistols. I didn't see an R51 (that's the new Remington cc pistol, correct?) but I did see two or three of the new Glock 42's. If Glock made that in 9mm, they would own that market.

I was not aware that Magpul made AK mags. If there were any there, I didn't notice and wasn't looking.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So what's up with SAXET? I apparently am missing something.

These girls were raised on Facebook.

For those of us that are not in the chatty circle what is the problem with teh SAXET shows?

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin

On the 9mm, there was a table kind of near the back corner 1/3 of the room that had some boxes of 9mm from something called Balcones Arms and Munitions. I assumed it was hand loads but the packaging looked somewhat professional. He was asking $15/box so I took a chance on one. He had maybe 20 boxes but said somebody earlier had bought 1000 rounds from him.

Before Sandy Hook there was a guy there from Buda who always had what seemed like well-priced, quality ammo that he loaded himself. Parabellum, I believe. I've had good luck with that over the years and really miss him being there.

Last edited:

Pocketfisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    I was there at opening Saturday Morning and saw plenty of 9mm, 40, 45acp, 44 mag, and 38/357. Was light on the 45LC and 22 rimfire. I did see 6 aguilla 22LR Standard Velocity bricks at $69 that got scarfed up in the first 10 minutes

On the 9mm, there was a table kind of near the back corner 1/3 of the room that had some boxes of 9mm from something called Balcones Arms and Munitions. I assumed it was hand loads but the packaging looked somewhat professional. He was asking $15/box so I took a chance on one. He had maybe 20 boxes but said somebody earlier had bought 1000 rounds from him.

Before Sandy Hook there was a guy there from Buda who always had what seemed like well-priced, quality ammo that he loaded himself. Parabellum, I believe. I've had good luck with that over the years and really miss him being there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Round Rock

I have been buying Freedom munitions for my range ammo, 45 acp, shot 1000 rds in the last 6 mo, no issues other just a bit dirtier than American eagle, I order on line but they do have a store in the Houston area, Jersey Village, usually has good selection .

Top Bottom