• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    18th Airborne Corps is a good example of mass confusion.

So is the 101st Airborne Div.
    38633_455018328091_3487471_n.jpg
    Texas SOT

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It's still a lie, regardless of the units and their issues. As an adult, he knew he was lying. He's supposed to be setting examples, etc. I know they'll probably whitewash this but knowing what we know now, he should not be trusted to be truthful in the future. I may be too tough on him but that's my two bits!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's still a lie, regardless of the units and their issues. As an adult, he knew he was lying. He's supposed to be setting examples, etc. I know they'll probably whitewash this but knowing what we know now, he should not be trusted to be truthful in the future. I may be too tough on him but that's my two bits!
    Interesting point. In that leadership position people should be held to a higher standard but I see no productive point in trying to demand perfection.

There have to be standards and they have to be enforced. The line DOES have to be drawn somewhere.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, we were under 18th for a bit while deployed.

Never got confused and told anyone I was airborne though. There were a few who ran out and got the patches to wear as their combat patch instead of 13th COSCOM, 3Corps, or the unit patch.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Interesting point. In that leadership position people should be held to a higher standard but I see no productive point in trying to demand perfection.

There have to be standards and they have to be enforced. The line DOES have to be drawn somewhere.

It's easy to set the standard for this issue .....................Don't Lie! I know everyone has lied at some point in their lifetime but as most of us grow older it's not difficult to tell the truth. I became pretty good at spotting "mis-truths", (meaning lies) while dealing with students, parents, teachers, and administrators over the years. Young folks aren't very good at lying. They have to "learn" to be better. The very best way to keep from lying is if you don't want to answer a question or simply tell the truth, don't answer. You might get accused of doing something you shouldn't have, but it won't be lying. :green:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yup, we were under 18th for a bit while deployed.

Never got confused and told anyone I was airborne though. There were a few who ran out and got the patches to wear as their combat patch instead of 13th COSCOM, 3Corps, or the unit patch.
    We were told by our 1sgt to wear them. Came home on R&R and had a couple guys try to buy me some beers while waiting on my flight home. Should have came up with something good...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's easy to set the standard for this issue .....................Don't Lie! I know everyone has lied at some point in their lifetime but as most of us grow older it's not difficult to tell the truth. I became pretty good at spotting "mis-truths", (meaning lies) while dealing with students, parents, teachers, and administrators over the years. Young folks aren't very good at lying. They have to "learn" to be better. The very best way to keep from lying is if you don't want to answer a question or simply tell the truth, don't answer. You might get accused of doing something you shouldn't have, but it won't be lying. :green:
    That should be the expected standard. Trying to enforce that as an absolute is going to be real rough.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    From video clip:

VaGuy: [asks him if vet, what branch]
    HomelessGuy: Army
    VaGuy: What Unit?
    HomelessGuy: special forces
    VaGuy: special forces. What years? I was in special forces

So HomelessGuy did not answer with which unit so VaGuy just identified himself with same answer homeless guy gave. Not seeing how anything is seriously wrong here. Not like he put 5th SF on his resume.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Name one person fired from the VA. What makes y'all think this fool is any different? The guys a tool.

He's gonna keep his job.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    From video clip:

VaGuy: [asks him if vet, what branch]
    HomelessGuy: Army
    VaGuy: What Unit?
    HomelessGuy: special forces
    VaGuy: special forces. What years? I was in special forces

So HomelessGuy did not answer with which unit so VaGuy just identified himself with same answer homeless guy gave. Not seeing how anything is seriously wrong here. Not like he put 5th SF on his resume.

He must have know that in Army parlance, Special Forces refers to the Green Berets, no matter which Group. And he damn sure knew he wasn't a Green Beret.

Now it's coming out he fudged the numbers on the amount of people fired from the VA since he took over.

This is the guy in charge of ensuring vets in need recieve proper medical care?

He's lost any and all credibility with me.

Top Bottom