Capitol Armory ad

So, y'all still mad at Cheaperthandirt ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Any info on CTD sales taking a hit?

There's not going to be any hits on their sales figures unless something drastically changes and all the newbies stop buying firearms and ammo. Every time there's any sort of scare, the non-regulars flock to CTD and keep their bottom line quite healthy. That combined with all the folks just getting their feet wet in the stuff keeps the place jam packed.

I stop by there every 6 months or so when I'm in the area just to have a look around. Parking's a mess, store has lots of people inside, and I haven't seen a deal on anything. They must have found the secret recipe, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what the draw is, even if you ignore all the other stuff.
    Gun Zone Deals

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    What did their Pmags get up to anyways?

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

$89

They were my local source for BVAC, haven't been able to find it otherwise. I will continue to look because I won't do business with them anymore.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    they arent hurting without us - then great - they're doing well enough that they dont have to worry about their customers

there are so many buyers out there saturating the market - people buying just "because" - they'll go to CTD because they dont know any better

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Never bought from them, since I wasn't local and have good local support here. But after their stance when the nonsense started? They're completely off my radar and I recommend against them if asked.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    You guys sure seem to get your feelings hurt over a big company "not caring" about its customer's.Companys grow, shit changes. Its life...

Maybe I'm missing something, but you guys act like they did something ridiculous. . .

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    You are missing something.

When the latest media-manufactured "obamamania" hit, CTD cancelled pending orders and "restocked" at double, triple, and higher prices on in-stock merchandise.

I'm a capitalist at heart and and believe that a company can do whatever it wants to its customers...and the customers will respond accordingly.

Screw CTD, their prices are generally poor, customer service isn't, and their store sucks...and that was before their little price games...

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i could understand your attitude, if there was only one in the thread that shared your feelings - but the numbers are what they are

besides - you sure seem to feel the necessary to defend CTD - do you work there?

why do you care if we dont shop there anymore?

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    My attitude on the whole matter is that me not buying from them won't change their intake of revenue. If they have shit I need, cool. If not, I'll go somewhere else, preferably local.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thats the good thing about a community like the firearms community that believes in freedom, if we dont like a business we dont support it. We dont demand some gov intervention to get what we want.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ten years ago I would drive to Fort Worth just to peruse their stock and buy cheap ammo; the savings paid for gas and shipping.

After Obama in 2008: Not Likely.

After Dec 2012: Not only no, but Hell No!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I figure if more people don't care what CTD did and keep shopping there it leaves more ammo on the shelves of other stores that I am willing to go to.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    used to buy ranger t's from there. now nobody has ranger t's no mo

I used to get mine from Ammunitiontogo.com, but I haven't seen any there since the recent scare started. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it starts showing up again.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    are you talking about t-shirts? if so - ranger joe's probably has what you want - columbus ga

th?id=H.4711477235747345&w=197&h=182&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.jpg

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    No I don't work there, I have only been in Mckinney area for 6 weeks but currently out of work :(

I guess if I had a pending order and it was canceled and then the same item relisted for a even slightly higher price I would be pretty irate myself.

I didn't realize that was the big issue, although I do wonder how many were directly effected vs. The bandwagoner's that just want a reason to be in the hype of not shopping there as if it were the cool thing to do.

Being a Newb to Texas and the Gun community I was not directly effected by this so I guess that's why I have no hard feeling as they have never done me wrong.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No I don't work there, I have only been in Mckinney area for 6 weeks but currently out of work :(

I guess if I had a pending order and it was canceled and then the same item relisted for a even slightly higher price I would be pretty irate myself.

I didn't realize that was the big issue, although I do wonder how many were directly effected vs. The bandwagoner's that just want a reason to be in the hype of not shopping there as if it were the cool thing to do.

Being a Newb to Texas and the Gun community I was not directly effected by this so I guess that's why I have no hard feeling as they have never done me wrong.

As far as bandwagons go.

No, I was not directly effected, but I do have certain principals that I believe in. If a company violates those principles I don't do business with them.

I think your missing the point of why many of us refuse to do business with them.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    a lot of gun owners, enthusiasts, etc - were upset to see CTD changing the prices on things - to capitalize on all the BS that followed in the wake of sandy hook

i'm all for capitalism- but price gouging is what it is - they made a profit off of panic based on a tragedy

so yeah - not a fan

Top Bottom