Hurley's Gold

So, y'all still mad at Cheaperthandirt ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mross217

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Colleyville
    I am about 30 minutes away from the FTW store. I give them the online look for ammo. I usually try to buy bulk when I can for the right price. They are spotty on price.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I was never a huge customer but know a lot of people got really upset with them over the past year. Still mad bros?

Yes.

And it's not for just this past year. Every time there's a shortage, those bastards screw everybody.

There are plenty of quality retailers around who treat their customers fairly - Midway, Grafs, Brownells, Magpul, just to name a few. Ask the Magpul guys what they think of CTD.

CTD is as ethical as Obama. There are people stupid enough to vote for that commie and there are people stupid enough to keep giving their money to slimy bastards like CTD. I have no respect for them or the trolls they support.

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not a fan of theirs, but if they have something I want for cheaper than anywhere else I'll buy it. If you don't like the prices then don't buy it. It really is that simple.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    No I don't work there, I have only been in Mckinney area for 6 weeks but currently out of work :(

I guess if I had a pending order and it was canceled and then the same item relisted for a even slightly higher price I would be pretty irate myself.

I didn't realize that was the big issue, although I do wonder how many were directly effected vs. The bandwagoner's that just want a reason to be in the hype of not shopping there as if it were the cool thing to do.

Being a Newb to Texas and the Gun community I was not directly effected by this so I guess that's why I have no hard feeling as they have never done me wrong.

lol

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Idk what level of gouging took place but prices went up everywhere, and there still hanging up there. I still can't find 50rnd 9mm FMJ's for the $13.99-14.99 I used to pay. Hell some places were $25-30 a box and only 2 per costomer. CTD has what I'm looking for as far as in stock ammo at the more reasonable cost of $19.99 with no restrictions on how many. When I find it cheaper with no stupid 2 box limit I will shop elsewhere.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i think CTD had stuff in stock at a certain price - pulled it off the shelf - held it for awhile - then restocked at gouged prices - i may be fuzzy on that - but thats sorta how i remember it

think of a lumber yard selling wood at 4 times the price right as a hurricane is bearing down while people are trying to buy lumber to board up windows

not illegal - but definitely shitty

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Idk what level of gouging took place but prices went up everywhere, and there still hanging up there. I still can't find 50rnd 9mm FMJ's for the $13.99-14.99 I used to pay. Hell some places were $25-30 a box and only 2 per costomer. CTD has what I'm looking for as far as in stock ammo at the more reasonable cost of $19.99 with no restrictions on how many. When I find it cheaper with no stupid 2 box limit I will shop elsewhere.

Your not looking very hard.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Their catalog goes from the mail box to the trash can at the post office......

Their catalog prices may look reasonable, but when you figure in tax and their s/h costs.......nope.

They acted unscrupulously, not worthy of my future business.....imho..

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Never bought from them, since I wasn't local and have good local support here. But after their stance when the nonsense started? They're completely off my radar and I recommend against them if asked.

My situation exactly. If I'm not getting it locally then I'll buy it from Midway.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    a lot of gun owners, enthusiasts, etc - were upset to see CTD changing the prices on things - to capitalize on all the BS that followed in the wake of sandy hook

i'm all for capitalism- but price gouging is what it is - they made a profit off of panic based on a tragedy

so yeah - not a fan
    And yet there are some folks who'll bash CTD, but on the other hand defend ammo flippers as being virtuous entrepreneurs who provide a valuable service by standing in line at WM or Academy to buy up everything they can and resell it at 3x the purchase price. Just good ol' capitalism, I guess. Fortunately, there have been places selling guns and ammo at reasonable prices all along and you don't have to feed the gougers, but you'll have to do your homework to find the deals. I've never spent a penny with CTD and see no reason to start now. No grudge; I'm just patient enough to be willing to wait for better deals elsewhere, along with having enough of a stock that I don't have to join the panic attacks when they occur.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Their catalog goes from the mail box to the trash can at the post office......

Their catalog prices may look reasonable, but when you figure in tax and their s/h costs.......nope.

They acted unscrupulously, not worthy of my future business.....imho..

Ditto

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I do take offense to CTD cancelling orders and jacking up the prices after they restock. It didn't happen to me, but what's to say they won't do it again if I have an order with them down the road? That's just jacked up, man.

Also, if memory serves correct-they were the first major store to jack their prices up, they were the most expensive of all the stores, and they were the last and slowest to bring their prices back down.

**** CTD. They can kiss my ass. I have three very good local gun shops near me, a pretty good pawn shop, Academy, and Quantico Tactial. Quantico Tactical was just phenomenal through the whole ride, as well as a local gun shop in Lampasas (Nocked an Loaded). With all these good shops around me, I don't even think about CTD unless someone mentions them on here.

Top Bottom