Texas SOT

So, y'all still mad at Cheaperthandirt ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i dont shop there simply because they arent cheaper than anything

in fact -i can find better deals elsewhere.....the guys behind the gun counters - at least in my experiences - had turd attitudes

i just dont care for the place -never really did before the controversy tho

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I have bought a few things in their store, there is one 3 miles from my place. but only when i needed it right then and couldn't find it anywhere else. but not ammo

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I switched over to Midway before things got goofy. I sort of understood CTDs position from a business stand point... to an extent but they certainly failed in terms of PR by looking like they were trying to take advantage of the situation and their customers.

Even if that was their "supply and demand", "let the market set the price", "charge what the market will bare" business decision, they should have presented themselves and their decisions better to the gun community. A lot of gun guys were swearing off CTD on one hand, were saying the prices on gunbroker were fair game, using CTD market logic.

Any info on CTD sales taking a hit?

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    I switched over to Midway before things got goofy. I sort of understood CTDs position from a business stand point... to an extent but they certainly failed in terms of PR by looking like they were trying to take advantage of the situation and their customers.

Even if that was their "supply and demand", "let the market set the price", "charge what the market will bare" business decision, they should have presented themselves and their decisions better to the gun community. A lot of gun guys were swearing off CTD on one hand, were saying the prices on gunbroker were fair game, using CTD market logic.

Any info on CTD sales taking a hit?

Im sure there was quite a significant sales dump they experienced, but Im guessing they wont acknowledge it. Their PR went into the crapper even worse, especially for the prices on 22LRs and PMAGs. LOL

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I used to order a lot of stuff from them, and visit the store when I was in the area. They've lost my business for good.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I never had 1 issue with them from FL and now in TX and its only a few mins from my home so I go there for stuff if I need it and they have it. Simple as that. Prices aren't the cheapest but there average.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I think its funny most complain but have yet to check it out and see that some ammo prices as came down, and believe me there not hurting without you.You can buy guns online "cheaper" then the store front even if there in stock and have them shipped to the store and not have to pay a FFL fee. Just have to wait the shipping out. But I have seen guns $20-30 cheaper on there site then the store price.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    IF it's something I HAVE to have AND no one else has it AND it's a price I'm willing to pay, then I'll buy from them. HOWEVER, if I can wait and find it elsewhere, then that's what I'll do. I don't agree with what they did and won't "willingly" support them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom