Capitol Armory ad

So, you have an AR for home defense, SHTF - what ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I have chosen SS-109 version of M855 62 grain penetrator rounds for my prepper stores. I've found that this stuff (Privi Partisan in particular) is very accurate in my AR - it has 1:7" twist and 14.5" barrel (with pinned flash hider to make it over 16").

I did see an interesting youtube about M855 vs M193 with fmj bt 55 grain bullet and it basically showed that the older version actually created more disruption in the media than the 62 grain M855 - though the new round did penetrate a little further. It also found that the 55 grain version was more accurate - or made smaller groups.

I've found that my rifle puts 5 rounds into 1-1.25" at 100 yards consistently - with a scope and from a rest.

I decided to settle on one specific type so that I wouldn't have much variation in point of impact changing from one lot or case to another. The SS019 Privi Partisan can be found for a good price too. But I do have Federal as well.

I could have heavier rounds as well - they'd stabilize in my carbine due to it's fast twist and I could just record the difference in drop and record the clicks needed to adjust, but I use KISS as much as possible with my preps.

What's your choice? Or do you have multiple types?
    Target Sports

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    He's always like that, but, he's not blathering about every basic subject on the books so he can get enough posts to sell somethin either:green:

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy it here but dont pretend we dont know what yer doin.

Yer welcome to be here, yer welcome to blather in order to get to the selling "point" but at least be willin to take the hit when yer post whorein it.

Oh yea....forgot why we were here....AR, home defense...+60

IMG_1783.JPG

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I have chosen SS-109 version of M855 62 grain penetrator rounds for my prepper stores. I've found that this stuff (Privi Partisan in particular) is very accurate in my AR - it has 1:7" twist and 14.5" barrel (with pinned flash hider to make it over 16").

I did see an interesting youtube about M855 vs M193 with fmj bt 55 grain bullet and it basically showed that the older version actually created more disruption in the media than the 62 grain M855 - though the new round did penetrate a little further. It also found that the 55 grain version was more accurate - or made smaller groups.

I've found that my rifle puts 5 rounds into 1-1.25" at 100 yards consistently - with a scope and from a rest.

I decided to settle on one specific type so that I wouldn't have much variation in point of impact changing from one lot or case to another. The SS019 Privi Partisan can be found for a good price too. But I do have Federal as well.

I could have heavier rounds as well - they'd stabilize in my carbine due to it's fast twist and I could just record the difference in drop and record the clicks needed to adjust, but I use KISS as much as possible with my preps.

What's your choice? Or do you have multiple types?

I use 55 grain 5.56 from LAX as I can shoot sub MOA with it.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I'm not on here just to be able to sell some guns. I'd rather not sell any more. I had a sizable collection a few years back but had to sell them to make ends meet - was hoping I was beyond that now but apparently, not quite... I've been haunting gun boards for a long long time. I'm still a mod over on guns.net and was hanging out on the Mississippi Gun Owners board when I lived there. Was also a mod on Parallax Bills but I haven't been over there in quite a while - that's a milsurp board.

And I don't wither at a few hits from people wanting to troll me. Its all part of the game.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've settled on Sierra 65gr gamekings and midway 55gr dog town. Both very accurate and POA shift between the two at 100 yds is negligible.

Glad you asked.
    Heh

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Vaquero - you use these primarily for hunting? I would assume yes as they are both hunting designs - not that the Sierra's wouldn't be very capable for defense.
    Primarily for paper punching and ringing steel.
    But, yes, the sierras are for hunting or defense as well.
    Very capable projectile .

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    In .223, whatever non FMJ I have on hand. Fiocchi 55 gr soft point, Federal MSR Fusion 62 grain, Speer Gold Dot 64 grain.

In 300 BO, Fiocchi with the 125 grain Hornady SST.

ScS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    saline
    1000 fmj
    1500 60gr hornady spire point

And 500 55gr Dynamic Research Technology, for when I absolutely, positively, want to kill everything in the room

Top Bottom