• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    So I got up out of bed I look at the clock. O SHIT it's after 0600 get up go shower, shave, get the uniform on go go go! On the road late traffic. I think to myself "Myself we should take the 183 A toll road pay by mail and get to work on time". Then Myself says "your right" so that is what I do. I get on 183 A and drive. I know I was speeding a little bit . So I look down at my speedometer and it says I'm going faster than I thought. So I look in my rear view and low and be hold there is a motorcycle, I think "wow he is close" and then I almost look away and realize that it is not only a motorcycle but there is a Police officer siting on it! And this is Ooo shit moment #2 for the morning. As I realize that he is going to pull me over I hit my turn signal And he hits the lights.I pull over and he didn't like where I parked so he came along side me on his bike and told me to pull up a little further and gave me specific instructions on what he wanted me to do. So I did as I was told. He was very polite and courteous when he wrote my ticket out for doing 85 in a 70.:banghead: So I was late to work, I got a speeding ticket and then I had a gentlemen at work almost pass-out driving down the road so he pulled into the parking lot where his brother in law works (hear) And we gave him water all morning until he felt better and said he could drive. I hope the guy is okay, and I hope he made it home okay.
    So the morel of this story is if you are late to work and decide to haul ass to get there on time you might wind up later than you planed and make the rest of your morning suck to.

Also this this is not a rant about Police. The officer that pulled me over was polite, courteous and very quick to get me my ticket and get me on my way. I can not be mad at the officer for my stupid decision. Just a bad start to the day that is all.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Dam BC sorry about that; been there - done that
    I don't hurry any more.
    Not worth the cost if I get caught, not worth the BS on the job because now I'm twice as late.
    Had an employer once tell me that speeding to work and to get a ticket was not acceptable in his opinion when all I had to do was call and say I'm going to be late.
    Trust me he was a great guy to work for but stuff like that was a very tough subject with him. The law and rules are there for a reason and you do not break them.
    I broke one of HIS shop rules one day and almost got fired.
    Did not mean too but was not paying attention and well - shit happens.

Get you a lawyers, plea bargain down to defensive driving, pay fine and be done with it!
    I am sorry your day went to crap before it ever got started.
    Maybe tomorrow everything will be sunshine a sweet milk!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Get you a lawyers, plea bargain down to defensive driving

Get a Lawyer? Last time a got a ticket (~5 years ago), I was asked if I wanted to take Defensive driving. Has traffic court changed that much?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Get you a lawyers, plea bargain down to defensive driving, pay fine and be done with it!
    I am sorry your day went to crap before it ever got started.
    Maybe tomorrow everything will be sunshine a sweet milk!
    I don't think that the lawyers will be necessary. My uncle is a motor Cop for that agency and laughed his ass off when I called him and told him that I had met one of his friends and got a ticket, just wondering if he knew what price range I was in. Defensive driving shouldn't be an issue. And the day is fine now, it's all "sunshine and a sweet milk" But DAMN what a morning.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It may be different county to county or even city to city, but one of my employees got a ticket last year for crossing over a solid white line at a freeway/access round merg, and wanted to take the DDC. He called over to the court house and they told him he had to appear in court and request DDC from the judge, who, depending on circumstances would allow it or not. That was news to me. The last ticket I got, maybe 20+ years ago, you just took the course.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah I have to call them tomorrow and find out for sure but I think you get a paper from them to get signed at the DD and then you present it to the court clerk and they dismiss the charge.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You could hire a lawyer and try the defense that since it is a private road that you have to pay to use that the speed limit is not valid.
    It is after all owned by a private company, or you could just take DD and get it dismissed, or fight it and hope the officer is a no show. Was it Wilco or APD?

Ask to see the service records for his radar, if it has not been calibrated recently it is grounds for a dismissal.

I am not a lawyer and am not qualified to give legal advice.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    To take defensive driving and dismiss it is $111, plus $10 for a copy of your driving record. I found that out just a couple weeks ago because I did the exact same thing one morning. ;) All I will say is this, the officer was incredibly nice, quick about getting me the ticket, and again incredibly nice because he was lenient on what he wrote the ticket out for (which could have been a whole heck of a lot more). The idiotic thing (meaning my own idiocy) was I would have only just made it to work maybe 1 minute early, and by speeding and getting a ticket, I still got there only ~5 minutes late. ;) That was an expensive 1 minute. lol

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I have seriously tried to stop being in a hurry. I still speed now and then but overall, have said screw being in a hurry. I'd rather leave earlier.

On a side note, I've used a local law office to handle my tickets since 92 or so. They've never lost. I've taken DD for an out of town ticket.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    They've never lost.

They've never lost because there is never any contest...they just slip the judge a buck under the bench, case dismissed.

Seriously, though, I have used the same process several times, and I still don't know exactly how those ticket attorneys get it done so quickly and easily. Gotta be something going on, but maybe it's just the judge wanting to free up his docket from the small stuff.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    They've never lost because there is never any contest...they just slip the judge a buck under the bench, case dismissed.

I've often wondered if they donate to the 100 Club or something. Maybe the threat of a jury trial is enough to dismiss one ticket out of a gazillion.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've often wondered if they donate to the 100 Club or something. Maybe the threat of a jury trial is enough to dismiss one ticket out of a gazillion.

Could beee. A ticket is a set fine amount. A jury trial is expensive, way more expensive than the revenue generated from the ticket, even if there is a guilty verdict, the court still loses money.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom