Not open for further replies.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Younggun;1613129 said:
    Or just relax, it's a software change. Worst case, some people are mildly inconvenienced on the internet. And the people in charge are working very hard to prevent any mild inconveniences.

We can't even get the changeover to happen on time so you can understand why we're worried. If we can't even make the change, what lies ahead once the change finally does come?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nope. I can't.

I hope you suffer no mild inconvenience and wish you and your loved ones the best in these troubling times.

Seriously, the world is not going to end and your microwave will probably still work after the software change. Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    TGT is a fun place to visit. We come here because we enjoy it. I've seen other forums over the years collapse when changes didn't go well. I'm still around, they're not. Too big an inconvenience and folks might just move on.

Just sayin.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm amazed at how worked up some are getting because others are working extremely hard to make sure there aren't any mild inconveniences to the Internet lives of others. Instead of griping about the change AND that it isn't happening fast enough, maybe consider that every precaution is taken in order to ensure that it goes smoothly. I guess it could have been rushed, just throw everything in to the new software, flip a switch, and hope for the best. Then some might get the dramatic failure they seem to be looking for. Of course, the forum would be down so there wouldn't be anywhere to bitch about it.

My biggest fear is trying to find the "unread posts" button again. It could take as long as 12 seconds of scrolling!

At least give the forum a chance to fall apart before griping about the forum falling apart. And even if it were to fall apart I'd be willing to bet that everything will be backed up under the original OS in order to resurrect all of our life changing arguments should it be needed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    F350-6;1613261 said:
    TGT is a fun place to visit. We come here because we enjoy it. I've seen other forums over the years collapse when changes didn't go well. I'm still around, they're not. Too big an inconvenience and folks might just move on.

Just sayin.

Inconveniences like having to wait for ever and refresh several times in order to get a page to load?

Cause that's a Vbulletin issue. Just sayin.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Inconveniences like the forum being down for weeks due to a hack that targeted weaknesses in Vbulletin?

Cause that's a Vbulletin issue...just sayin.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Minimum length will only be 47 characters.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Well, there are a great deal of whiny people posting whiny shit. My respect for humanity and maturity is ebbing a little more rapidly than in the past.

I guess it's just because I'm an old fart, but it seems to me maturity arrives much later for a lot of folks these days.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Younggun;1613264 said:
    I'm amazed at how worked up some are getting because others are working extremely hard to make sure there aren't any mild inconveniences to the Internet lives of others. Instead of griping about the change AND that it isn't happening fast enough, maybe consider that every precaution is taken in order to ensure that it goes smoothly. I guess it could have been rushed, just throw everything in to the new software, flip a switch, and hope for the best. Then some might get the dramatic failure they seem to be looking for. Of course, the forum would be down so there wouldn't be anywhere to bitch about it.

My biggest fear is trying to find the "unread posts" button again. It could take as long as 12 seconds of scrolling!

At least give the forum a chance to fall apart before griping about the forum falling apart. And even if it were to fall apart I'd be willing to bet that everything will be backed up under the original OS in order to resurrect all of our life changing arguments should it be needed.

Is that different from the "New Posts" button?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Probably just different enough for someone to complain about it.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm going to bed now. If the change over is not done by morning, things are gonna get ugly around here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom