• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Gotta take your job serious. I left the Marine Corps in Aug of last year. Literally the last day I was at work I was QAing and signing my name to aircraft egress system parts installs. Assuming nothing happens and they need to remove those parts early my name will be on those work orders indicating I signed off on them until 2030.

If they fail to function properly and they can prove it was due to my negligence, I'm going to jail........especially if someone dies because of it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    His real problem isn't that a few HMMWVs were splattered. It's that a few HMMWVs were splattered and the whole world laughed.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    It's been many years since I've done any airdrop rigging, but I did splash a field desk with a manual typewriter in it. I didn't get in much trouble except for the all the damn paper work. You know there has to be an investigation when gov property is destroyed. I think my supervisor got a good chewing out tho.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's been many years since I've done any airdrop rigging, but I did splash a field desk with a manual typewriter in it. I didn't get in much trouble except for the all the damn paper work. You know there has to be an investigation when gov property is destroyed.
    ...and I think that's where this guy got in trouble. It sounds like he tried to skew the report so that he wouldn't be blamed. Destroying equipment won't get you in much trouble (it's not their money), but lying on the paperwork will.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    ...and I think that's where this guy got in trouble. It sounds like he tried to skew the report so that he wouldn't be blamed. Destroying equipment won't get you in much trouble (it's not their money), but lying on the paperwork will.

Unless it was deliberate, which was kind of the feeling I got from the article...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The military always will look for a scapegoat when they look bad. The USS John F. Kennedy was used as a training ship for 10 years. Even though in that time it had never received any money for upkeep, when it was decided to try to put her out to sea, the captain was relieved of command and retired because of the condition she was in.

Top Bottom