Join TexasGunTalk

Soldier on trial

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Moonpie, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

2. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Grisham-2-Trial-Belton-10.15.13.jpg

He's wearing his uniform at a rally, clearly in violation of Army regulation 670-1 Ch. 1-10.j.

Quite telling...

And he is not on trial as a soldier, this has nothing to do with his military service. He was charged as a private citizen during an off-duty incident and should not be exploiting his service to support his case.

3. PhulesAu

PhulesAu Well-Known

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I'm not sure what I think of dragging the army into this. BUT I'd like to see one of the Medal Of Honor recipients Tell the obasturd off! but after what they have gone through, to be nominated. I'm in no position to tell one of them how to act.

4. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I dont believe it matters whether its a military court or civilian as to whether he should wear his uniform. Lawyers will tell you to play to the jury and those of the court by looking professional. What is more professional than our dress uniform? Yeah, it may not be in good taste and possibly bring ucmj charges later. But im pretty sure id rather take ucmj than a bs civilian charge. And because of his most likely great conduct he probably wont see anything but an njp if anything at all unless higher up is politically motivated and wants to make an example.

Its an injustice that this soldier gets harrassed but not too many months ago, a random guy in galveston waving a come and take it flag with an ar15 strapped to his back on a busy weekend right on the beach walked up and down for hours unmolested. Hmmm.....we follow a set of standards and uniformity, if they arent going to follow a standard they shouldnt try to enforce one that isnt even illegal.

5. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    It's not a BS civilian charge. No matter what the circumstances, peace officers in Texas have the right to disarm anyone during contact. He refused to hand over his weapon and was charged for it. This guy is a known instigator (he has a long track record of it in the military) and he knew what he was doing was wrong but "wanted to make a point." I am not talking about the OC, but how he reacted to the police. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

6. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I believe that only applies to chl carriers and their pistols. I've seen several of these videos where officers ask the guys to take off their rifles and the guys refuse to unless they are being apprehended. Then the discussion moves on to other things.

7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    If a peace officer reasonably believes a safety risk exists, the officer may disarm anyone. It doesn't only apply to CHL holders (although Grisham has a CHL and was carrying a concealed .45, so GC ยง411.207 would apply)...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  8. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Yea, i forgot about that part.