Join TexasGunTalk

Solving SAT Area Needs

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by toddnjoyce, Mar 24, 2020.

1. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since the ship has sailed, I'd rather chart our own course instead of settling for any port in this current storm. Because we have a ton of great resources...our members...in the San Antonio area who have the knowledge, skill, or ability to help solve even the most challenging problems, I'd like to offer up this thread as a centralized place to facilitate taking care of each other when a need arises. And if you're hesitant to attach your username to the request, you can PM me directly and I'll post it under my username, with the hope that one of us can help with your immediate need.

If you've got the ability to help solve someone's problem, feel free to respond in the thread or PM the requestor directly...take the initiative. The only thing I ask is when a problem is solved, let's share that success with group.

Hopefully this thread will have the lowest post count in the history of Texas Gun Talk but if it doesn't, rest assured this thread can be added to your toolbox.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Great idea and post! Thanks for taking the initiative.

As for me/wife, we are willing to help where we can in the Pipe Creek/Boerne/Bandera and surrounding area.
    We have a few laying hens, so we can supply eggs on a limited basis to those who might need them. If someone is elderly and needs a store run made, we could likely help there. And the wife is a seamstress and has been getting deluged with requests for soft, cotton face masks. True, they are not the N95 models and they are not respirators, but they can help you remember to not touch your face and can serve as a message to others: Don't sneeze/cough on me; maintain some distance. She has compromised immunities, so it made sense to us to have some available.

We stand by, ready to help if we can.

And, PS: my parents live down near Castroville/Hondo, so if you know of a need down that way, we could cover there, too.

3. DyeF9

DyeF9 In Thrust We Trust

Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I have a fair amount of vacuum sealed packages with take and bake bread. It's good for a few months, if anyone is in dire need of bread, I'd be happy to give some. I'm regularly in the Waxahachie and Waco area.
    I'm aware it's not SA area, but if you happen to be close to either area, I could arrange to bring some.

4. OJ knives

OJ knives Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Great post. Growing up my father taught us to help people in need. I wish more people thought the same way, it would make the world a better place.
    I'm in for however I can help. I travel between Houston and New Braunfels at least once a week if anyone needs to send something.
    Y'all take care.

satx78247 and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    We'd love to help.

majormadmax, satx78247 and toddnjoyce like this.
  6. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I thought you were offering help fixing SAT scores. Lol.

Not a far fetched idea of late.

7. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
  8. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    A hand up not a hand out.

Love the thread and great idea.

satx78247, ZX9RCAM and toddnjoyce like this.
  9. bignic83

bignic83 Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    Great idea, glad to help if needed.

10. Fishkiller

Fishkiller Active Member TGT Supporter

Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Will be happy to lend a hand. Although it seems most folks here are on the helping side vs. the need an assist.

satx78247 likes this.