• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, I felt bad Saturday. I didn't take it out to the Christmas party, and all the little ones asked about. The plastics tend to get brittle in colder weather, and the day started off at 24F.
    Hurley's Gold

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Well everybody, I went out to look at the truck today.... actually better than I expected. They hit something with the front end, bent bumper and fender issues... Broke the iginition switch off, cracked the windshield, thats all I saw today. The shop said they would clean it up and check everything else out. One bright thing... my shooting jacket was on the back seat! How cool is that?? The one thing I could never have replaced...MG

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Grats on the jacket...sentimental items are way more important than easily replaceable ones and like you said, some things just plain CAN'T be replaced.

I hate thieves...

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Big, That part still has me scratching my head... the check book was there too, no checks missing, the registration and insurance cards too. And all the cd's (maybe they don't like country) MG

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I guess your belongings were NOT of there likeING. They must have just needed a ride!;) I still hope they contract a severe case of gonasyphaherpalaids!
    BTW gonasyphaherpalaids came up in the spell checker to. LOL
    EDIT: I wrote the edit in bold caps lock. I guess I should be careful posting so early in the morning. LOL

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Don't really know... it was picked up by DPS in San Antonio. Don't know if they arrested someone at the time or not. doesn't sound right for DPS to check out an abandon truck in a parking lot or something... Maybe they got the SOB....I think I'll call the APD in the morning and see if they have any more info. MG

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I am supposed to pick the truck up tommorow after work. Shell out the $500 deductable, and be happy I have it back. First thing is going to be adding the ign. cut off switch... Then change the fluids and hope for the best. MG

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Don't sign the check until you are happy with any repairs.

Auto claims are different then home owners claims.

In an auto claim, once you sign the check you waive all rights to ask for more money.

Some things to check that they never do

1 - Alignment, make them check the alignment
    2 - Fluids, make them change all of the fluids, including the rearend
    3 - Make them check the U-Joints for damage
    4 - Tires, make sure there are no cuts in the tires - both sides
    5 - Detail, have them detail it, even if you smoke you can get them to pay to remove the smoke odor since you dont smoke in the truck
    6 - If it has the exhaust filter on the diesel, make them pay to have the dealer inspect it.

All of this should take the dealer no more than 1 day and you can't be forced to sign the check until you are happy with the repairs, and the truck was put back into the condition it was in prior to the theft.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Just picked the truck up today. Drove it home and it drove fine... they did a front end alignment too... it felt kinda stiff??..?? Maybe it is because I drove the rental truck for the last month.... I'm going to look at it closer this weekend... MG

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Here's an article today in the Statesman, about Austin now seeing the trend of stealing F-250s and 350s for illegal immigrant smuggling.

Pickups stolen here used for immigrant smuggling, authorities say
    Yeah I've been getting sensitive about mine. Going to install a fuel cutoff and transmission lockout here soon. I like that RFID idea someone posted earlier.

I'd need to choke someone for stealing my 4x4 F-250 with the 7.3 L. I'm totally in love. Glad you got your baby back in relatively good shape.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Just picked the truck up today. Drove it home and it drove fine... they did a front end alignment too... it felt kinda stiff??..?? Maybe it is because I drove the rental truck for the last month.... I'm going to look at it closer this weekend... MG

Hopefully that's from the front end work and you get back to feeling comfy in your truck again.

Top Bottom