• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Knoxville, TN

Typically, people are taught to keep their finger off of the trigger unless they are in the process of triggering the gun.
    Some trainers are satisfied with merely telling the students this. Others teach a definitive position for the trigger finger when not contacting the trigger. First, finger straight along the frame…the most commonly encountered position, by far.

Next, as Ayoob has taught for many years, the trigger finger is curled inboard and the tip is placed on a fixed spot to serve as reference point.

My preference is to keep the trigger finger at its natural limit of travel above the trigger. By having the shooter extend the trigger finger to the upper edge of its range of motion and find where that contacts the pistol, we both maximize the distance of finger from trigger and allow an easily repeatable physical reference point.

For me, my fingertip tends to rest on the forward edge of the ejection port.

I was first exposed to this idea by either Andy Stanford/OPS or John Holschen/Insights, but it has been a part of my personal gunhandling for years.
    Lynx Defense

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom