• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Years ago, I was welding on my car, on the frame and floor pans from underneath. You bet your bippy I removed all interior nearby.
    If you're lazy up-front, it'll cost you later.
    Do welders not realize how many thousand degrees their electric arc generates?
    The car definitely was a li'l Honda Fit. Or if in Europe, the Jazz. Just a basic econobox but with great rear folding seats.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I would love to be a fly on the wall when the service manager had to tell the customer.............Well about that muffler bracket, the quote will be a little off.

LOL
    I would hope that the explanation would be "a little" different. Morelike explaining that they are waiting on insurance to approve all new interior and window tint and a 2-week delay for this simple 5-minute job. :D

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I would hope that the explanation would be "a little" different. Morelike explaining that they are waiting on insurance to approve all new interior and window tint and a 2-week delay for this simple 5-minute job. :D
    If it was your car, would you want it repaired, or replaced?

I'd have to go a replacement.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Many years ago, in a body shop I worked at we did a restoration of the interior of a BMW that caught on fire. Not anywhere as bad as that one in the video, and it was really more smoke damage than fire damage. Insurance paid to replace most all of the interior components.

But no matter how much it was cleaned, it still retained that chemical smoke smell inside the car.

I don't think you can ever fully get the smoke smell out.
    Ozone machine.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Back in 1965, I had a 1962 Chevy rag top 327, 4 speed.. I was out cruising one day and lost my clutch. Had to take it out of gear to stop. To go, I turn off the motor, put in 2nd gear, then cranked it over to start the motor. I shifted by RPM's since no clutch.
    Put it in the shop that afternoon and the next day got a call from shop asking me to come down there because they had a little issue with my car. Got to the shop and there was two cars inside parked nose to trunk. The trunk of the 1st car was smoky black and no rear window, The 2nd car,mine, was smoky black, bubbled paint, instead of blue, all 4 tires were melted, rag top was gone leaving the frame. Interior...well I guess you got the picture by now.
    I was told that their wielder was working on the car in front of mine, when he caught the gas tank, of the other car, on fire and poof, no more 62 Chevy rag top.
    The shops insurance replaced it with another 62 rag top 327 4 speed. I stead of blue it was anniversary gold.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Some of y’all bitch and moan about the safety guy on a job site, but this right here is why they exist.
    Just think, if someone had reminded them that a fire watch was needed for that job and shut that task down, that would have paid for the safety man’s salary for the next year.

Top Bottom