• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonestar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Brownwood, Texas
    First off, i'm not blasting anyone who uses WIC, i just want educated as my wife is currently considering using this resource. However, I question myself..where does this magic money come from? It seems to me not a bad plan, allow women and infants the ability to buy things that are actually something they need. Not TV, video games, alcohol..blah blah blah. So, does anyone know how WIC is funded? Is this something we pay for out of our own taxes?
    ARJ Defense ad

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Yeah. Sharing. I know a girl (I won't say woman because she's not mature even though she's of age) that as soon as she got on WIC found that she was eligible for this and that, so much in groceries and one of the things was 10 gallons of milk. TEN GALLONS OF MILK?!? She only has the one kid. So dumb ass goes down and gets all of this stuff plus ten gallons of milk and of course some of it spoils and she gave 4 or 5 gallons away so she could look like she's doing them a favor. I did the favor by paying taxes! You're welcome! Anyway the thing is that this girl has a job and doesn't want to get a second job, has all the baby sitters she needs, still sponges off of relatives. What does she do with the money from her so-called job? Spends it on toys for the child who rules the roost and won't be quiet when someone calls on the phone, interupts adults when they're trying to talk, cartoons blasting, house is a mess and on and on and on..... Okay, I'm outta breath. I'll stop here.

This is BS and has got to change!!!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Welfare plain and simple. It is there if you need it for survival. It is not there so you can still smoke Marlboros and drink Coronas.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Very responsible of you lonestar. Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch. I wish more people would feel that way about welfare.

Don't worry High-Cap 1911, I am sure you have paid back way more than you took. You just didn't have the choice. That is the way taxes go.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    sad thing is I couldnt get it, but my wife (being mexican) could... so we stayed un married till things got better, and our situation improved. her last name of rodriguez, and 3 kids( at the time) qualified her for all sorts of programs...

This is the stuff that irks me to no end! What happened to all this "equality"? I'm sick and tired of being denied this or that because of the color of my skin. While someone else, of a different skin color, gets right in because of the COLOR OF THEIR SKIN. Wait a minute ...

Top Bottom