Gun Zone Deals

Something I overheard at a machinegun shoot yesterday that made my head hurt.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Two people who are my friends, both own multiple machineguns and suppressors who where admiring a lever action .45 Colt cowboy gun that one of them had just bought. Both of these people are typical conservatives, they thing that republicans will save them from those "damn libs" and are generally state apologists. Also let me just throw in that I don't care for cowboy action stuff that much - I think it's a great sport - just doesn't tickle my fancy. With that being said, I did shoot the rifle and enjoyed it very much - just not going to rush out and buy one.

Anyway, the conversation goes something like this:

Guy 1 - "Check out this new rifle I got, it's really pretty and alot of fun to shoot."

Guy 2 - "It's great to keep some of these type of guns around, they may ban machineguns and assult rifles - but they would never ban these..."

I am going to leave it at this, if you have to ask why it's amazing that firearm enthusiasts, especially ones that own NFA devices would spout such dribble - the you will probably never understand any answer.

Discuss........
    Target Sports

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Right, I keep this here engraved, gold plated, custom-made over and under shotgun - because I know this is the only weapon that the NRA will attempt to "protect".......

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Apparantly not - as the Scotus decision on the Heller case showed. All the pro-gun people celebrated like it was some kind of victory, in time they will be sorely dissapointed......

The ruling that it is an individual right is worthless when "reasonable regulation" that the supreme court upheld means that all you can own is a single-shot, bolt action, .22 short rifle - with a barrel length of at least 22 inches.......and you can only own one, and ammunition is taxed out the wazoo and tracked - only possessed by licensed individuals......etc, etc....

But hey - don't worry, they will never outlaw your lever-action .45 Colt cowboy gun. At least, that is what my retired PD friend told us all.......

Pony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    Wasn't there talk like that in Britain, before their guns were taken?

They took our guns, now they are taking our knives:
    BBC NEWS | UK | Ban on samurai swords becomes law

It reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw - "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"
    Homicides involving guns rose 18% last year in the UK. My friends back in England are all so much safer with the government looking after them :rolleyes:

DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    I hear all the time "It'll never happen" In regards to the US or Texas in specific, and I remind them:

"It happens all the time. Right before Mass genocide."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom