• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I've had my CHL for a couple years and unless on my way to work, I carry most of the time. Recently, I've had two occasions where my wife and I have been seated only a few feet from two uniformed cops in restaurants that we frequent. Both times I've been armed.

Is there anything to be gained by walking over and revealing to said cops that you are carrying? I just wondered if that would make a difference in the unlikely event that gunfire were to break out in the establishment...

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Amistad
    Lynx Defense

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I've had my CHL for a couple years and unless on my way to work, I carry most of the time. Recently, I've had two occasions where my wife and I have been seated only a few feet from two uniformed cops in restaurants that we frequent. Both times I've been armed.

Is there anything to be gained by walking over and revealing to said cops that you are carrying? I just wondered if that would make a difference in the unlikely event that gunfire were to break out in the establishment...

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Amistad

IMO, no

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    no. I wouldn't tell a cop that you had a gun.

If there was a bad guy walk into a place with uniformed officer. . . . . I'd let the officers handle it if they could.

No sense getting shot by a police if you can avoid it.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Part of your own security is that people don't know you are carrying a gun. The less people know the better.

If you did tell them, best case is they think you are a little crazy, worst case is they might not like that and want to find some reason to detain you.

It's not worth the time and effort and there is nothing to be gained.

Of course if you are detained, or have an official type conversation with them, you have to tell them you are carrying, it's the law.

Top Bottom