• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I don't troll. Is that the best you got when someone disagrees with your opinion? You KNOW I don't troll. The prisoner, once handcuffed and restrained by other officers...lying on the ground...was no threat to anyone, and had zero chance of getting up or getting away. Your "He just enjoyed it too much." says you KNOW he should have gotten off of his neck once control had been achieved.

I'm just an old has-been FTO...don't listen to me. Might benefit by some facts from current "modern" law enforcement professionals, though. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...conscious-neck-restraints-five-years-n1220416

Handcuffs are great but people can still do a lot if they are flexible or willing to endure some pain (or were numbed to the pain...)

He followed his training with a suspect who had many multiples of a lethal dose of drugs in his system. Should have been a no bill, but for political motivations and perjurious activists on the jury there was a conviction.

Justice on earth is imperfect and this can happen. Its not the first time or the last time government has sought a political conviction based on lies and half-truths. Look at English or Roman or any nation or people and you will find laughable convictions to gain political capitol and power.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    We agree and disagree in the same post. I have several years' experience catchin' bad guys...mad, drunk, scared, doped up with acid and pcp...I've done the struggle...had some all you could do was use leverage to pin their movements and keep THEM from getting leverage...but this was not that. Several officers had him, he stopped struggling and wasn't even CLOSE to getting away...no need to keep the pressure on his neck to restrain him. Too many trainers and LEO have said AFTER restraining him, he was wrong to keep that pressure on...and not turn him to ease his breathing. Those modern-trained LEOS know a whole heckuva more about it than this old dog, and there's a lot of agreement there. NONE of us know just what his training consisted of, nor what "city policy" was...but his peers chastised him heavily and said he did wrong...no matter what cover-yer-butt tactics the city employs...they're not believable in my opinion. From what I saw on the bodycam footage, had I been his training officer, he'd have been off his neck LONG before civilians started begging him to get off. There just wasn't that much resistance to justify that much continued force...in my oldpinion.
    I know from experiencing a lot of different cases start to finish that justice sucks...jury of our peers is NOT. Given that knowledge, we played a great game of defense to do what needed done without it being on the evening news, or having to defend/explain a whole lot. We had good cops, and we had bad. We had a walk up and shoot him murderer, a couple of rapists, burglars, thieves...I'm not against cops at all. Have been one, stood with them, and stood up for them. I also don't run with them, never have, and didn't drink coffee with most of them...they're all people and people have problems...they're no saints.

So far, from the different versions I'm reading, I agree with the jury's verdict on all three counts. Don't have access to the transcript, but I probably wouldn't like MOST of what went on in that courtroom by any parties. It's what we have to live with. Till more enlightening sources come to me, I believe he did murder in both counts, and I believe he acted in that restraint FAR outside what he should have...and I DON'T believe he was ever trained by a police trainer to do what he did any where near to the extent that he did it...and he knew the difference. Based on what I know so far...that's my opinion. We don't have to agree. Thanks for the input and effort.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Cop might be a lot of things, and I am pretty sure that shithead is one of them, but GF would have died that day regardless of whether or not he interacted with the police. The amount of Fentanyl in his system was several times the lethal median dose.

Maybe so but a professional alcoholic can function well at several times the .08 standard.

GF probably would not even feel a 'high' at a 'beginner's-level' of fentanyl. He would likely take a dose to get high that would KILL ME!!! (he was a professional drug user)

Reminds me of the Princess Bride scene.......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Maybe so but a professional alcoholic can function well at several times the .08 standard.

GF probably would not even feel a 'high' at a 'beginner's-level' of fentanyl. He would likely take a dose to get high that would KILL ME!!! (he was a professional drug user)

Reminds me of the Princess Bride scene.......

Have you watched the entire video? Everything leading up to the “9 minutes of infamy?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    No, I did not want to waste my time on watching something that did not really concern me and the 'left' wanted to 'riot' about. (they will loot anyway)

GF spent a life of making bad decisions. The media only showed selected video of the confrontation.

I simply speculated that GF 'recreational-dose' of drugs would likely KILL me but I am not a drug user. Can't know if his dose would have killed him.

Does not really matter since I don't live in the area or have much say about what the law or people determine.

I just know that a tolerance can be built up to poisons. (hence my reference to the Princess Bride scene) (It's INCONCEIVABLE)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    George Floyd should not have died that day. He should be in custody awaiting trial, again. There is more than ample proof that GF was a habitual drug user. Coroner's report proved that. GF was as responsible, or more so for his own death that day, as Derek Chauvin was.

But DC was using a restraint method that was approved by his department. IF that restraint method WAS part of the cause of death for GF, then IMO that puts the department at fault, and not DC. But they threw DC under the bus.

The trial was pure politics. The verdict was decided long before the trial ever started.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom