• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    And I asked a question. I didn't jump all over his case.
    Hey back on topic here for a minute. Did anyone watch that public forum that I kinda posted a link to last night?
    Guns International

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Burt, I want to apologize. I did misread your statement. I was having a bad afternoon to begin with and should not have been posting in the first place. After re-reading what you wrote and where you were coming from, you are correct. I will definitely try to read what is written a few times through and make sure I am responding properly to what is written. It can be hard sometimes to determine the meaning of someone else's writing at times, but this one was my error. I apologize for jumping the gun and responding as rudely as I did.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Back on topic. The family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Austin and the officer that shot him citing racism and some thing else. This shit has gone to far now I hate these parents trying to make a dime off of their child's death they should be ashamed.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Burt, I want to apologize. I did misread your statement. I was having a bad afternoon to begin with and should not have been posting in the first place. After re-reading what you wrote and where you were coming from, you are correct. I will definitely try to read what is written a few times through and make sure I am responding properly to what is written. It can be hard sometimes to determine the meaning of someone else's writing at times, but this one was my error. I apologize for jumping the gun and responding as rudely as I did.

It is all good.I appreciate you expressing how you feel about it and of course apology accepted though none necessary, we are all on the same team.

Back on topic. The family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Austin and the officer that shot him citing racism and some thing else. This shit has gone to far now I hate these parents trying to make a dime off of their child's death they should be ashamed.

The reason they have filed it is because the last few people who files civil suits each got over a MILLION dollars.
    The last moron who puled a gun, ran from the police officer then went to pull the gun and was shot....had his family awarded 1.5 million dollars.

His family should have been charges for all of the OT and rescue services that responded...plus the cost of those bullets to the city.

Austin is sending a message to its citizens...."Screw up and get shot by the police while committing a crime and your family will be millionaires."

There is no way that can end badly right?:banghead:

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The other claim cited in the lawsuit is excessive force. I think Burt is right the city is creating a big problem by paying out to these shit heads. If I were Art Acevedo I'd tell them to pay my agency for the man hours, vehicle hours, and the bullets that were used. I also think that The family should apologize to the rest of the community for their son pulling police away from every body else's safety. Officer Leonardo Quintana should get a metal not a stack of paper work from a lawsuit filed on him. this whole thing is :mad::mad::mad:
    Edit for source reference: The Austin American statesmen (AKA the UN American statesmen)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I didn't realize that there was more to the story (on page A8) they claim that the officer tried to drag a sleeping Nathaniel Sanders ll (aka the terd that pulled the gun on the cop) without any warning at all. That is most likely bull $hit you never wake a potentially hostile suspect like that. It is not done. They say that this is what happened "without any notice whatsoever to Nathanial Sanders ll, defendant Quintana opened the backdoor of the car and attempted to physically drag the sleeping teenager out of the car" then the statesman says the suit said that Quintana's actions caused Sanders to wake up suddenly and alleges that "Quintana then over reacted and without justification pulled out his gun and began shooting Nathanial Sanders ll" "Defendant Quintana repeatedly shot Nathanial sanders ll with callous disregard and fatally placed several bullets in Nathanial sanders ll's head and body"
    At least Quintana did not miss.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm going to send a news flash to all the thugs that might come across this forum. This is why you don't sleep in stolen cars kids. When you decide to nap in the car you stole not only are you likely to get caught you're likely to get shot when you try to pull guns on the police.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Of course there is extensive mental anguish from a crack dealer/robber being gone.
    After all, how will the family get their crack cocaine now?
    Can the other Bloods gang members sue for lost revenue or mental anguish too?
    Just askin.

Sanders family sues officer, city

By Tony Plohetski | Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 10:09 AM
    sanders-thumb.jpg

The family of Nathaniel Sanders II this morning filed a federal lawsuit against Austin Police officer Leonardo Quintana and the city, alleging racial discrimination and excessive force.
    The “wrongful death” suit, which provides an account of the early morning May 11 shooting, comes less than a month after Quintana fatally shot Sanders in the parking lot of an East Austin apartment complex. The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Austin, asks for an unspecified financial award to Sanders’ family for “past and future mental anguish.”
    Police have said that Quintana had been investigating whether a Mercedes-Benz station wagon in which Sanders was sleeping was linked to gunfire at the complex. Quintana fired after Sanders reached for a weapon, police have said.
    According to the 10-page suit, Quintana violated Austin police policy by not attempting to wake Sanders by activating his patrol car siren or bullhorn. He also never turned on the lights of his patrol car “in clear violation of APD policy,” the suit said.
    The suit said that Quintana’s actions caused Sanders to wake up suddenly and alleges that “Quintana then overreacted and without justification pulled out his gun and began shooting Nathaniel Sanders II.”
    “Defendant Quintana repeatedly shot Nathaniel Sanders II with callous disregard and fatally placed several bullets in Nathaniel Sanders II’s head and body,” the suit said.
    The suit also alleges that the city had practices in place at the time of the shooting that contributed to the violation of Sanders’ civil rights, including inadequate supervision of officers concerning use of force, the use of excessive deadly force against minorities and inadequately training officers on how to approach sleeping subjects.
    “Sadly, APD has long tolerated unconstitutional conduct by officers and the disproportionate uses of force against minorities, and kept officers with violent tendencies, like Officer Quintana, on the force,” the suit said.
    Austin police officials could not immediately be reached for comment, but Chief Art Acevedo has said Quintana’s actions that morning are being investigated.
    To read the full lawsuit, click here.

[url]http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/courts/index.html[/URL]

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay this is not a racist statement nor is it intended to be a racist statement. The lawsuit alleges that APD has been investigated in the past for a high rate of minority shootings. Is it APD's fault that minority males just happen to be in the majority of folks that decide that it is a good idea to shoot at police officers? No. Is there public out cry when a black or Hispanic GANG MEMBER shoots a white police officer? No. Maybe the family's of fallen police officers should start Suing the thugs and their family's for racial discrimination when their "good kid's" shoot and kill police officers.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Welcome to the relationship between the press and the police.

When a person is shot in Austin they are threatening an officers life. The last few shootings have involved suspects with firearms or knives.
    Saving your own life as an officer is a given, we do not have the suspects fill out questionaires or poll their race.
    A suspect with a gun is a suspect no matter what their race or age,it just happens that most of the last few who have been in shootings have been minorities.
    For those new to crime, the most crime takes place in the poorest and most crime-ridden communities.
    I will let you make any assumptions you all want but most folks in the low income ghettos are minority.
    Before anyone gets their panties in an uproar, drive through your local ghetto and count the first 100 people you see, I bet some of them will be of color.

Notice the photo in the story is not his booking photo for his robbery or his crack dealing arrests.:banghead:

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Welcome to the relationship between the press and the police.
    I'll admit that their are some d-bag police as in every profession, but they are far and few as from what I have seen working as a security guard in Austin for over a year. And I have had to deal with APD. They're slow but they are nice when they get there.

Notice the photo in the story is not his booking photo for his robbery or his crack dealing arrests.:banghead:
    Of course not then they would have to admit that their son was a shit head.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom