• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    My son started his Army career a bit shaky but seems to have settled into the Army life well. He is stationed at Ft Irwin in the California desert as a tanker. This was his first exercise in the field and he got stuck on KP for the entire week. Well, Caleb enjoys working in the kitchen anyway so he already knew what to do. He was assigned trash duty. A trailer load of trash every day, he says. He is so proud of himself as well as he should be. His mother and I are both proud of him as well.

60520a3b264e23a1da65d85583684eae.jpg

Sent from Mordor using an iPhone.
    ARJ Defense ad

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I know it might sound weird, but I enjoyed my trips to Ft Irwin, NTC. I would love to have been stationed there.

Happy for your son. I'm thankful for the next generation of men who serve so I didnt have to stay.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

CrazyCobraManTim

Whiskey Baby
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Keller, TX
    Thanks for your son's service to our country - and congrats to him for the coin!

I'm surprised to hear the Army still pulls KP! The Marines seemed to have gotten rid of it, despite it being important should you be in a sandbox somewhere (MRE's only go soo far before you need meals on wheels).

Pulled my some KP at MCAS Tustin, a week at NAS Memphis and a God-awful crappy month at Pendleton once in the FMF @ 303. Ugh....20 hours a day - 6 days a week and only 16-18 on Sunday (thank God for services!).

Oohrah - what did you fly? Skyhawk, Harrier, Phantom, Intruder or Hornets?? I passed through Toro twice for 2-4 weeks. Loved that place in the 80's - damned airshow every day!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Thanks for your son's service to our country - and congrats to him for the coin!

I'm surprised to hear the Army still pulls KP! The Marines seemed to have gotten rid of it, despite it being important should you be in a sandbox somewhere (MRE's only go soo far before you need meals on wheels).

Pulled my some KP at MCAS Tustin, a week at NAS Memphis and a God-awful crappy month at Pendleton once in the FMF @ 303. Ugh....20 hours a day - 6 days a week and only 16-18 on Sunday (thank God for services!).

Oohrah - what did you fly? Skyhawk, Harrier, Phantom, Intruder or Hornets?? I passed through Toro twice for 2-4 weeks. Loved that place in the 80's - damned airshow every day!
    Are you the one who tore down those beautiful Quonset huts at Las Pulgus?

CrazyCobraManTim

Whiskey Baby
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Keller, TX
    Are you the one who tore down those beautiful Quonset huts at Las Pulgus?

Negative & there are still more than a few Q-huts left at the Base.

My last few visits 2016-2020 were to 1Sgt Hill and Air Field (entered via the North & South gates for the scenic tours) I found a few - and one e-club left over with the 5/11 Canon Cockers (nephew was there - now rotated out)

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Negative & there are still more than a few Q-huts left at the Base.

My last few visits 2016-2020 were to 1Sgt Hill and Air Field (entered via the North & South gates for the scenic tours) I found a few - and one e-club left over with the 5/11 Canon Cockers (nephew was there - now rotated out)
    My last time out there was in 2003 and hardly recognized the place. Got to see my old range and it was a lot cooler than in '68. Had chow at Margarita. It was almost club food.

My most fun duty station was Comm Co, Someone thought it would be fun to put 45 just back to CONUS grunts there. Can you say Chinese fire drill?

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Thanks to your son for his service and congrats on his first coin. From a command leadership view, I never gave out a coin that wasn’t earned, so know in your heart he did great to outstanding work to earn that one!

Last edited:

Winginit32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2021
    San Antonio,TX
    It’s good hearing junior soldiers getting recognized. Now while I would not wish being stationed on Irwin it’s good to get some good experience at a location from there so his next should be much better.

Top Bottom