• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    So, She views this as an issue of which the details should be decided at the State level. Is this by grand design (ie bias) or does she have any merit here? (hint: few on the supreme court agree,,, if that matters). What are the long term implications for the 2nd? I'm a normal guy like you in that Constitutional law is not my day job. I still wonder what all of this means to us long term though (life appointments are a bitch). In theory, if she was our benevolent dictator, States would decide each issue. Some States carry particular views on the subject. Could one judgement snowball and influence others? I say the 2nd is clear. Could one individual change this?

Hurley's Gold

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    2Shots,

I suspect that her proclivity towards the "states" has to do with restrictions and limitations, not freedoms. Based on what I have read, she views the 2A as a collective not individual right, which means that she sees the right to have firearms as something for the "gubmint", not the common trash like you and I.

Do some research, google a few topics, I think you'll come away with an entirely new level of trepidation towards Judge Sotomayer.

Jeff B.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    We may only have 2 Senators out of 100, but we need to do what ever is necessary to assure they both vote against this liberal, misguided, gubment employee. Foxnews reported that her views on the Constitution were the same as the one who appointed her. Any questions????

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The Female,Latin Federal Judge

Its doubtful that the GOP can block her from being added to the Supreme Court but they must give it an all out effort. Liberal Federal Judges have done their part in forgetting that they are not legislators and making so called "Law of the Land" decisions.

I hope they give it hell and filibuster as rumored to happen !

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    she's as good as in, despite her dubious record ... fortunately, it doesn't upset the court's balance ... pray for the good health of the folks who voted for Heller ...

Top Bottom