• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The usual sonic cleaners are about 1 liter. I have been contemplating the bigger Hornady 2 liter sized cleaner. When I was at the store looking I came across a RCBS 3 liter sonic cleaner.

The prices don't differ enough to make a big difference and both are trusted brands so that is all kind of a wash.

I am just thinking the bigger size would come in handy at times.

Any reason to avoid a bigger cleaner? Would the results be the same regardless of size?

Anybody have any experience comparing different sized cleaners? Anything I should know?

Any other bigger sonic cleaners I should shop for? It would be nice to just throw in a whole rifle.

I still haven't ruled out a cheapy from Harbor Freight. I know a few here use theirs and like them.

I also plan on using soap and water so the expense of cleaning solution isn't a major factor either.

Thanks for any input.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Are you already using a sonic cleaner and happy with how it does?
    I have just talked to some folks that tried them and went back to dry tumble or wet tumble.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have not ever used a sonic cleaner.

I plan to clean brass with it, but I also want to use it for gun parts and various other cleaning tasks.

I think a sonic cleaner will be very handy to have.

Most of my general brass cleaning will still be in a tumbler.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have been researching and read some good reviews about the RCBS unit. I think it will be mine.

I also read some good reviews about a couple multi-thousand units but I don't think I need them.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Sonic is sonic. Bigger is not better or worse except it takes more solution for a bigger one. I wouldn't be surprised if they are all made in China. I've been using one for at least 8 years (Harbor Freight) and it has worked just fine. Just my two bits.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sonic is sonic. Bigger is not better or worse except it takes more solution for a bigger one. I wouldn't be surprised if they are all made in China. I've been using one for at least 8 years (Harbor Freight) and it has worked just fine. Just my two bits.
    I agree that they all probably come from China, as does most of the stuff we buy. I have heard good things about the HF units but I want something that will fit bigger items.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I would go bigger just because you can clean more stuff. Like a receiver or pistol for example

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Top Bottom