• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Deemus.. I lost my Brother two years ago this march, bub also had the knack of 'storying' .. I'm shaking my head remembering some of his yarns, thing is (bet yours isH like this too) he had enough going on he didn't need to embellish anything.. two tours of Nam.. mustang O, went in enlisted, came out a Major.. guess they like to 'improve'!

Hape a thought about the soventry thing, AZ was last (contiguous obv.) In the Nation, and like TX was on the South's side to start with in the civil war.. this is important, they moved AZ's capital (due to southern sympathy) from southern Tucson to northern Prescott to deal with for he problem, and to this day you can feel a difference between N AZ, and S AZ.. I've often thought the SW (except CA) could leave the Union, and do just fine.. might have to invite in WY, ID, and MT.. guess we could ask UT, but I'm scared of those guy's who can handle multiple wife's..

Sounds like we are in the brother admiration society. I lost mine in 1997 (he was 47) and I think of him often. I go to his grave around his birthday each year and have a beer with him. He loved Coors Original, so I drink mine, pour out of half of his (the cemetary has teens serving community service time there, so nothing unopened can be there), and leave the other half on his gravestone.

He was amazing. Could speak five languages, had a photographic memory and was the best storyteller I have ever known. And, he was a good big brother. Took me to my first beer joint. Taught me all the bad words, and when to use them. Sent me money from every port he stopped in, from literally every corner of the earth. He was a good big.
    Guns International

Top Bottom