• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Were tryin to get out of laredo after only 13 months here. I think we're going to just get a place well outside of houston in ~2 years. Havent been impressed with san antonio, houston has more things we're accustomed to. For now we're probably just gonna do anothe 2 years in the apartment life but not in this dang border town.

San Antonio is a good town. Lots of food, entertainment and I can get anywhere in this town 3 different ways. I will say that you need to stay away from booby bars, or anywhere open after 2am. Do not drive on the roads here after midnight! There are drunks everywhere and usually driving the wrong way. Property crimes here are bad. Lock your stuff up. Never leave a trailer anywhere someone can grab it or steal from it. That includes even in broad daylight. The cops here are lazy and will do nothing to recover your items. I have had the unfortunate opportunity to experience this twice. Despite all that, I'd choose this town over Dallas, Houston or Austin anyday.

W

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Were tryin to get out of laredo after only 13 months here. I think we're going to just get a place well outside of houston in ~2 years. Havent been impressed with san antonio, houston has more things we're accustomed to. For now we're probably just gonna do anothe 2 years in the apartment life but not in this dang border town.

Have you thought about Corpus Christi? It's not a major city but I like it that way.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't know about any of you guys but last time I went to CC it was a huge dive; even the beach area. Many previously nice businesses shut down and falling victim to harsh weather. Prostitutes, meth heads and drug dealers galore, even in broad daylight.

Definitely not how I remember it as a kid.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Good point! From the links:

The leading cause of incarceration of an African American male is a non-violent drug offense. www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/64

Also interesting to note that whites beat blacks in terms of violent offense arrests almost 2:1, with a 7:3 overall lead in total arrests, including an overwhelming 4:1 lead in alcohol-related offenses (which cause significantly more deaths an injuries each year).

• Of all adults arrested in 2012, 69.7 were white, 27.6 percent were black, and 2.7 percent were of other races.
    • White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 58.7 percent of those arrests.
    • The percentages of black adults and white adults arrested for murder were similar, with 49.3 percent being black and 48.3 percent being white.

The myth of the violent black man is that... a myth... promulgated by the same media that's oh-so-accurate about firearms, politics and the constitutionality thereof.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas

The leading cause of incarceration of an African American male is a non-violent drug offense. www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/64

Also interesting to note that whites beat blacks in terms of violent offense arrests almost 2:1, with a 7:3 overall lead in total arrests, including an overwhelming 4:1 lead in alcohol-related offenses (which cause significantly more deaths an injuries each year).

• Of all adults arrested in 2012, 69.7 were white, 27.6 percent were black, and 2.7 percent were of other races.
    • White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 58.7 percent of those arrests.
    • The percentages of black adults and white adults arrested for murder were similar, with 49.3 percent being black and 48.3 percent being white.

The myth of the violent black man is that... a myth... promulgated by the same media that's oh-so-accurate about firearms, politics and the constitutionality thereof.
    I believe those numbers are total not per capita. So it doesn't take into account that blacks only make up a certain percent of the population. So basically what it doesnt say is they make up about 49% of murder arrests but are like only 10% of the entire population.

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Have you thought about Corpus Christi? It's not a major city but I like it that way.

Corpus would be alright for the time being but not sure about long term. If we're gonna live in the sticks I'd rather live in the sticks near a big city than a smaller one. If you have any job leads out there hit me up though, anyone/anywhere really. Trying to take a 2nd one on top of my CAD work from the house at night.

Did have one of the best chimichangas i've ever had in CC last time we went out that way so that's a plus. Cant find them in Laredo not authentic mexican enough I suppose.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo

The percentages of black adults and white adults arrested for murder were similar, with 49.3 percent being black and 48.3 percent being white.

You understand you just stated roughly half of the homicide arrests in this country are of a race that comprises 12% of it right?

Last edited:

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Don't know about any of you guys but last time I went to CC it was a huge dive; even the beach area. Many previously nice businesses shut down and falling victim to harsh weather. Prostitutes, meth heads and drug dealers galore, even in broad daylight.

Definitely not how I remember it as a kid.

That can be said of many areas in Texas.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You understand you just stated roughly half of the homicides in this country are committed by a race that comprises 12% of it right?

And most of those are against others of the same race, related to the non-violent drug crimes listed as the primary reason for arrest in that race overall.

Just like I wouldn't want to get involved with a white meth cook or white shine runner in Appalachia, I wouldn't want to get involved with a black or mexican drug dealer, either.

When you take enough men out of a given population for non-violent offenses, it concentrates the violent ones that are left behind. The resulting violence isn't just expected... it's a planned effect. Legalizing drugs would stabilize the black community nationwide, reduce our prison population, reduce the cost of incarceration, let us spend a FRACTION of that money on social and rehabilitative programs for addicted USERS, and come to terms with an otherwise proven-failed policy of zero-tolerance based on skin color.

Then again, I've always been in favor of use/possession being legal and sales/delivery being a first time, mandatory-death-penalty offense. Whether it's a white pharmacist diverting oxycontin or a black dealer slinging crack... I don't care either way, but removing the profit from the equation fixes almost every other problem.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    And most of those are against others of the same race, related to the non-violent drug crimes listed as the primary reason for arrest in that race overall.

Just like I wouldn't want to get involved with a white meth cook or white shine runner in Appalachia, I wouldn't want to get involved with a black or mexican drug dealer, either.

When you take enough men out of a given population for non-violent offenses, it concentrates the violent ones that are left behind. The resulting violence isn't just expected... it's a planned effect. Legalizing drugs would stabilize the black community nationwide, reduce our prison population, reduce the cost of incarceration, let us spend a FRACTION of that money on social and rehabilitative programs for addicted USERS, and come to terms with an otherwise proven-failed policy of zero-tolerance based on skin color.

Then again, I've always been in favor of use/possession being legal and sales/delivery being a first time, mandatory-death-penalty offense. Whether it's a white pharmacist diverting oxycontin or a black dealer slinging crack... I don't care either way, but removing the profit from the equation fixes almost every other problem.

This article isn't even about drug dealers, gangbangers, and hardened criminals. The black on white crime that is occurring is being perpetrated mostly by teenagers, from what I can tell, who seem to be lower middle class/upper lower class types. They are claiming to be "bored" and they're wacked out on cough syrup and shit.

Your comments about prison and drug offences may be true but I don't believe it applies to most of these thugs.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    This article isn't even about drug dealers, gangbangers, and hardened criminals. The black on white crime that is occurring is being perpetrated mostly by teenagers, from what I can tell, who seem to be lower middle class/upper lower class types. They are claiming to be "bored" and they're wacked out on cough syrup and shit.

Your comments about prison and drug offences may be true but I don't believe it applies to most of these thugs.

Who are the role models for these thugs?

The violent drug dealers portrayed so positively in their cultural influences. The ones that a real man wouldn't let be their kids influence. Except that real man is locked up for a non-violent offense.

BTW, "cough syrup" is a Scheduled narcotic, so we are in fact talking about the same subset of kids - druggies and those influenced by them to glorify violent acts. It's all the same.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX

The violent drug dealers portrayed so positively in their cultural influences. The ones that a real man wouldn't let be their kids influence. Except that real man is locked up for a non-violent offense.

BTW, "cough syrup" is a Scheduled narcotic, so we are in fact talking about the same subset of kids - druggies and those influenced by them to glorify violent acts. It's all the same.

I know for a fact that most of those guys would not knock an old lady out for the hell of it. Stab someone, gun down a rival, maybe. It's deeper than drugs, it's the Democrat and mainstream media propaganda that whites are evil and the cause of all black suffering. Blacks are encouraged to go out and hurt whitey.

Any word from the DOJ or O'dictator about this? No, they want to let out the crack heads. They released violent illegals from prison. Because, in a sense, they are all Obama's sons. They are lawless and he is their father because he is lawless.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Their role models are their daddys all tatted up and in gangs.

xtracy-martin-tatoo-2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dmUI72ZSmc.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I believe those numbers are total not per capita. So it doesn't take into account that blacks only make up a certain percent of the population. So basically what it doesnt say is they make up about 49% of murder arrests but are like only 10% of the entire population.

That is correct. The numbers get even crazier when you slim it down to young black males. I think about 3% of the population are committing about half of the violent crime.

Top Bottom