• ...and so much more!
  • The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Hey Gang - I just accepted a job with SWA in Dallas, so over the next month or so I will be picking up and moving to the great state of Texas. My wife and I are so excited. Not exactly sure where we are going to live yet, and some of it will depend on her ability to get a job as a Graphic Designer.

Any suggestions on where to get some Texas CCW permit questions answered? What do you guys call the permit? Here in KS we call it a CCL/CCW.

Both my wife and I have our permits and have been carrying for the last year. I am concerned about the move and the time its going to take to get my TX permit.

Anyway, glad to be here, if there are any other TX forums or DFW area forums to check out let me know!
    Lynx Defense

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Welcome aboard ! You can go online to State of Texas and get the info concerning the Texas concealed license. It is called the CHL here. Scope out Dallas and the suburbs well, there as in other cities are areas in which you would not care to live or linger. Traffic is horrendous but there are redeeming features of the area well worth the time and effort. Check and ask around
    where peace and harmony prevails and crime is lowest. My choice is way South Grand Prairie near the lake.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    welcome to great state of texas

I also am a transplant from kcmo. I DONT MISS IT AT ALL 15 years here, bury me here THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE TEXAS

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Welcome. At least for the short run your Kansas license will be honored here.

Any specifics about getting the Texas CHL ask away here.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    What's your price range for a house?
    Might I also suggest a nice apartment or townhome for about a year untill you kinda learn the areas that are favorable and the ones that are not.
    As with most things you get what you pay for. But on that same token you can get more house for your money if you go up north of Dallas 30 min or so.
    Good thing about Southwest is that Love Field is in very close proximity to tge Dallas North Tollway which is a fantastic way to get around at 70-80mph with no stops. That is...during non-peek traffic times.
    Good luck, happy house hunting and most importanty welcome to the greatest state in the union!!

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Welcome. At least for the short run your Kansas license will be honored here.

Any specifics about getting the Texas CHL ask away here.

Well my questions are pretty simple, does Texas have any sort of period where I can use my KS license while I am obtaining a TX license? I know my KS license is honored, but I think as soon as I would obtain a TX residence I would have to notify KS and then my license would be terminated with them, so then I am back to no license in any state.

Also according to handgunlaws.us the only thing I need to do to start the process for TX is obtain a TX driver license. Is there not a 6 month residency requirement?

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    What's your price range for a house?
    Might I also suggest a nice apartment or townhome for about a year untill you kinda learn the areas that are favorable and the ones that are not.
    As with most things you get what you pay for. But on that same token you can get more house for your money if you go up north of Dallas 30 min or so.
    Good thing about Southwest is that Love Field is in very close proximity to tge Dallas North Tollway which is a fantastic way to get around at 70-80mph with no stops. That is...during non-peek traffic times.
    Good luck, happy house hunting and most importanty welcome to the greatest state in the union!!

I am thinking about 200k house wise, but that may change once my wife gets a job. I hate the thought of renting since you basically get nothing for your money. Right now I am leaning towards getting a 1 bedroom apartment for around $500 a month while we figure out where we want to live. Location again depends heavily on what may or may not happen with my wife..

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That is a good question and I don't have a definitive answer for you, so rather than guess and possibly lead you astray, I'll defer to those that know such things. Maybe ask in the CHL section where some of the instructors hang out.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Welcome to TX. I lived in Wichita KS for a couple years 2005-2007. Back when there was no CCL there or NFA. The dark disarmed days. Fun place to live though, would not mind going back if it is ever annexed by Texas. Won't make the mistake of leaving Texas again so the only way I'm going to live in other states is if Texas takes them over.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom