• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You don’t know how much what map that represents truly disturbs me.

If you look at the Houston/Dallas/Austin triangle, that blue represents unTexans moving here with unTexan ideals. San Antonio has been solidly blue for all my 45 years, and the politics are full-up f’d up, much like El Paso.

I’ll just go back to my all American bourbon now.
    You can only take heart in the fact that at the point that map was made, and for right now anyway, there is some red in those areas and more red statewide than blue. It may not help the politics in those areas, but to statewide and to nationwide Texas is red. I also take heart that many moderate liberals are starting to lean right. Trump's approval rating continually going up isn't because more conservatives are all the sudden appearing out of thin air.
    DK Firearms

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    . It may not help the politics in those areas, but to statewide and to nationwide Texas is red.

It’s not about red or blue, it’s about culture. That map says politics is more important than being Texan. I was born here. Grew up here, had a military career and came back home here.

It used to be something special to be a Texan. That map represents the diluting of Texas to the point we’ve lost what it means to be Texan.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I fear pushing for a favorable shade of purple might be our best option in many locales...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Then you would only be replacing liberals with other liberals, so it wouldn't do anything to help the California problem.

I am more worried about improving the Texas liberal problem. A little more ain't gonna change Cali.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It’s not about red or blue, it’s about culture. That map says politics is more important than being Texan. I was born here. Grew up here, had a military career and came back home here.

It used to be something special to be a Texan. That map represents the diluting of Texas to the point we’ve lost what it means to be Texan.

That is true of America as well. Many people no longer come here to be Americans. They want this to be Mexico, Honduras, Nigeria, Syria, etc. but with more freedom and money.

We no longer have a common core of values and morals.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I can't put all the blame of morals and values on aliens, this has been a degradation from within and the open borders are a result of that.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I can't put all the blame of morals and values on aliens, this has been a degradation from within and the open borders are a result of that.

You are absolutely correct. Really two separate issues for the most part.

I was not clear on that. America has a growing split regarding values and morals due to the rise of liberalism, not due to immigration.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yep. The American collectivists and elite leftists that use them have always been the problem. More people from collectivist cultures coming here is just a symptom of the problems that were caused from within.

Top Bottom