• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have trouble understanding why a criminal sentenced to death is allowed to choose the execution vehicle. In South Carolina's case, they have been unable to perform lethal injections since the drugs are currently not available, which means that all those sentenced to death immediately choose lethal injection. I think the jury should decide the means of death. If I was on the jury for one of these child killers, I would vote for firing squad using shotguns with high capacity mags and #8 shot.....keep banging away until they are done.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    You kind of need to ask yourself, Would you be a part of a firing squad?

I believe unless one of mine was a victim I'd allow that opportunity to pass.

Some people do need to be shot. Treasonous people for sure.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    You kind of need to ask yourself, Would you be a part of a firing squad?

I believe unless one of mine was a victim I'd allow that opportunity to pass.

Some people do need to be shot. Treasonous people for sure.
    One is always loaded with blanks.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    We keep hearing that the drugs are not available. If any of us can have surgery and be put to sleep the drugs are available. The only difference is the dose. So the FDA hasn't cleared the drug for execution, big deal. We all know that we can humanely (I hate that term) put our pets down when needed. I have no problem with firing squads but who has ammo?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have trouble understanding why a criminal sentenced to death is allowed to choose the execution vehicle. In South Carolina's case, they have been unable to perform lethal injections since the drugs are currently not available, which means that all those sentenced to death immediately choose lethal injection. I think the jury should decide the means of death. If I was on the jury for one of these child killers, I would vote for firing squad using shotguns with high capacity mags and #8 shot.....keep banging away until they are done.
    Warden should be allowed to choose, not even the jury or judge.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Th
    We keep hearing that the drugs are not available. If any of us can have surgery and be put to sleep the drugs are available. The only difference is the dose. So the FDA hasn't cleared the drug for execution, big deal. We all know that we can humanely (I hate that term) put our pets down when needed. I have no problem with firing squads but who has ammo?
    Its the pharmaceutical companies who refuse to sell them to governments rather than a drug shortage.

High dose barbiturates will work.

Texas used to use propofol, potassium chloride and a paralytic. I’m not sure what they use right now.
    Also Oklahoma fudged one not too long ago. Country doctor put a femoral line somewhere other than where it should be.
    I don’t have a problem with a legitimate firing squad. It’s not like a half dozen rifle rounds to the chest isn’t nearly instantly fatal.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

rotor,

NOT a JOKE. = There have been SEVERAL civil cases filed for condemned inmates that wanted the FDA to certify that the drugs were "safe & effective for the intended purpose".

That is at least HALF obviously STUPID as a drug cocktail intended to KILLED inmates is NOT "SAFE".
    OTOH, if it DOES kill the inmate, it was EFFECTIVE.

Personally, I favor HANGING (Frankly, I would prefer if the hanging was in the county where the felony occurred, as it once was in Texas.) as a proper hanging is QUICK, CLEAN & ALWAYS KILLS.
    (My SOLE objection to death by firing squad is that it is usually MESSY to clean-up after, just as beheading IS.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    20-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-no-country-for-old-men-7-1556675475-RMvP-column-width-...jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They think it's hard to source lethal injectionn drugs, they havnt tried to source ammo lately!

ETA someone beat me to it.

Just back a Plymouth up to the gas chamber and run a hose into it. Less than a gallon of gas and job done.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Th

Its the pharmaceutical companies who refuse to sell them to governments rather than a drug shortage.

High dose barbiturates will work.

Texas used to use propofol, potassium chloride and a paralytic. I’m not sure what they use right now.
    Also Oklahoma fudged one not too long ago. Country doctor put a femoral line somewhere other than where it should be.
    I don’t have a problem with a legitimate firing squad. It’s not like a half dozen rifle rounds to the chest isn’t nearly instantly fatal.
    Southern Anesthesia is in SC. Be a shame if their business had to close due to some state regulation violations....

Top Bottom