TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    KIIITV News

Story Created: Jul 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM CDT
    Story Updated: Jul 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM CDT

MONT BELVIEU, Texas (AP) - A Southeast Texas deputy is dead after an effort to shut off the water at a mobile home was met with gunfire.

The fatal shooting Monday of the Chambers County sheriff's deputy led to a standoff between state and local law enforcement and a man holed up in his mobile home. A sheriff's spokeswoman says the gunman at the Tower Terrace mobile home park just east of Mont Belvieu fired on arriving officers and is thought to be heavily armed.
    Spokeswoman Patti Jett tells the Houston Chronicle that a meter reader arrived at the trailer to shut off the water about 9:30 a.m. Monday when a woman inside the trailer fired at her. The reader managed to get to a neighbor's home and called for deputies.
    The shooting scene is 30 miles east of Houston.
    (Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    AP-NY-07-13-09 1610EDT
    ARJ Defense ad

TriggerTime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Truly tragic. What a horrible waste of life. The family needs our prayers and support.

I'll be shocked if the trailer isn't littered with empty bottles of alcohol and probably drugs in there too.

Horrible waste.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    WOW. The trash we have to put up with in society. An officer ends up giving his life for no reason other than inbred stupidity.

And somebody on the left is already trying to figure an angle that blames the gun.

RIP Deputy.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And he's "holed up" in a mobile home? All you have to do is think about throwing lit matches at the thing and it'll burn around him.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    And he's "holed up" in a mobile home? All you have to do is think about throwing lit matches at the thing and it'll burn around him.

I would think you could wait it out, tear gas em, or as a last resort, blast him. Wonder what the big rush was, unless he caught the officer off guard.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think he caught the officer off guard. But now all it takes is shutting the power off and waiting... Without airco, trailers get freaking hot.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Rat bastards. These are exactly the type of people who are too damn lazy to support the peaceful legislative fight for our 2A rights. All they want to do is sit around at home in fear and shoot at the first sign of movement. Excuse my language but, people like that are complete pieces of sh*t. Our prayers go out to the officer's family.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    that is very sad a true waste of life. people like that give the pro gun community a bad name, all over a water turn off i hope they took the long way to the police station and beat the crap out that person.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    WOW. The trash we have to put up with in society.

Don't know if it's because I'm aging but it does seem the trash is rising
    fast in our great state, or perhaps we hear about things faster due to
    computers and 24 hour news.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Rat bastards. These are exactly the type of people who are too damn lazy to support the peaceful legislative fight for our 2A rights. All they want to do is sit around at home in fear and shoot at the first sign of movement. Excuse my language but, people like that are complete pieces of sh*t. Our prayers go out to the officer's family.

Hear hear.

Don't know if it's because I'm aging but it does seem the trash is rising
    fast in our great state, or perhaps we hear about things faster due to
    computers and 24 hour news.

It's the media to a large degree. If it bleeds, it leads. Sensational stories sell; the news is now more about entertainment than information.

Top Bottom