59b781e036a4ca3c5ec3d60b80aa5990.gif

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/206953/authentic-cincinnati-chili/ Eat it five way with a chili dog on the side. Cheese should be fresh grated. Don't twirl the pasta, Slice it as the melted cheese will hold it together. Not a Texas chili but very, very tasty.
    Warning to anyone who loves good food, don't try this. I've had the real thing and it is horrible. I've had it there and in Milwaukee and it looks like something the dog puked up, and likely doesn't taste any better.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Chocolate and cinnamon in Chili ? WTF.

I used the Caroll Shelby for Chili. pretty good. The Williams Package has not salt in it for those who worry about that
    Like I said, not a Texas Chili (it's a Coney sauce), but tasty. Lot's of Mole sauces have chocolate and chilis.

HEB has a Terlingua brand chili mix. Try the competition recipe on the back.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Generally I'm a meat sauce kinda guy. The last I made had both ground goat meat and italian sausage, real heavy with both... deleeesh!

The sketti with seafood sounds good. An Italian relative made spaghetti with clams in a garlic and olive oil base... it was wonderful!

I tend to cook up more pasta than I need for the amount of sauce I made; then a few days later a fast meal can be made with some of the spaghetti noodles, butter, and a small amount of Italian salad dressing... heated in the micro... fast and full of carb goodness and comfort!

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Chili 5-way is just a fancier form of Chili Mac...and they're both about a 1/2 a step away from good 'ol Midwestern Goulash. My dad would make Goulash in an electric skillet. It was one of the few things he would make if my mother wasn't going to be home in time to make dinner, He was pretty heavy handed with the spice so our asses would be on fire for the next day or two. Good times.
    1670447013683.png

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom