Spammers

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Texas1911, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've had to change the anti-spam question for registration on the forum to something a bit easier. People were having trouble getting the answer and that was driving away registrations.

Now that it's easier, there have been more spammers joining the forum. If you don't mind, whenever you see their posts, don't reply to them, just report the post and I'll be along to ban them and delete their posts / threads.

Thanks, and I apologize ahead of time for having to put up with them. They are getting to the point where nothing can really stop all of them.

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Too bad you can't punch'em in the nose through your monitor.

3. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    What was the original question? It's been so long I can't remember. And what's the new one?

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Oldest - How many stars are on the Texas state flag?
    Old - Where does the Governor reside?
    New - How many colors are on the Texas state flag not including white?

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I'd like to have a claymore device in their monitor go off when they register. :banghead:

6. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Ummmm...you telling me these people want on to a TEXAS site and they don't know the answers...let alone even google the answers?...lol j/k

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Well the second one had alot of potential answers, and people would give up after a few of them. I had it down as the city, but a few people had trouble with it because they were putting in "governors mansion", etc.

The first and third no one seemed to have trouble with, but the spammers know the answer as well. It's only time before one figures it out then they must log it for the spam bots.

8. Acetone

Acetone Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    I've always been glad that the question isn't: What gun is better, glock or XD?

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

and

What is the the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

10. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    We gave up using anti-spam questions on TN because they just kept working around it. The Chinese are our biggest problem, with the Indians a close second. I must ban a half dozen spammers a day, and some of them while they're still signing up by checking their IP. If it's China, they're history.

:banger: