• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    There were long wait times at La Hacienda back when they were out in the middle of a pasture. :p

Yes I remember that. And there was a massage parlor across the street back then. They have the best marketing technique I've ever seen (or smelled). The smell of their food cooking wafting across Preston Road will put any Mexican food fanatic in a trance. If you weren't hungry when you drove by, you were when those enticing aromas hit your nose.
    Lynx Defense

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Biga on the Banks is about the only Spanish Resturant I'm aware of in SA, and that's only by advertising. A bit toney and pricey for me.

For Mexican food:

Mi Tierra is a joke, nothing but turistas. Ate lunch there a few years back with a friend, and watched the woman from the next table ask a mariachi to play the only Spanish language song she knew...Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad. Aside from hating the song, it was July. Poor guy sang with a straight face while everyone in the place who had a clue laughed until they almost puked. One of the funniest things I've ever seen! Turista Gringa didn't have a clue, her eyes were closed and she was rocking out.

The Salsalito Cantinas are good, even though they are owned by some folks from the middle east. Either location is fine, both on Bandera Road and Nacogdoches. Just had their Pollo al Carbon tonght.

Chuy's? Ate there ONCE. Only time since I've been an adult I couldn't finish a plate of enchiladas. Here's a tip, you don't make enchiladas with flour tortillas. Sticky mess that taste like glue. Guess they were out of corn.

Most Mexican resturaunts are adequate, except for Chuy's, no one seems to be able to mess up either enchiladas or tamales too badly. Try one of the hole in the wall barbacoa places tomorrow or Sunday.

Very Texas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    San Antonio
    San Antonio Restaurants

I live in San Antonio and I think Paloma Blanca may be what you are looking for. The restaurant is really nice and the food is great. Has great ambiance also. Check out the link below.

Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine, San Antonio Texas

If you want to stay around the Down Town area. Rio Rio on the Riverwalk is good food. Has a different flare than some others and it has great atmosphere because it is on the Riverwalk.

Happy Hunting.
    Gail

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I live in San Antonio and I think Paloma Blanca may be what you are looking for. The restaurant is really nice and the food is great. Has great ambiance also. Check out the link below.

Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine, San Antonio Texas

If you want to stay around the Down Town area. Rio Rio on the Riverwalk is good food. Has a different flare than some others and it has great atmosphere because it is on the Riverwalk.

Happy Hunting.
    Gail

If that's to the OP on the topic of this thread, again, again, :p he was looking for Spanish, not Mexican. And the thread so old, he's probably already eaten.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Oldie but goodie thread.....

If that's to the OP on the topic of this thread, again, again, :p he was looking for Spanish, not Mexican. And the thread so old, he's probably already eaten.

Spanish, Mexican or TexMex, whatever, if I'm ever going to visit any of the towns where the restaurants recomended here are, I'll probably try to eat there. Word of mouth is a much better recomendation than any paid advertising can buy.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Mi Tierra is a joke, nothing but turistas. Ate lunch there a few years back with a friend, and watched the woman from the next table ask a mariachi to play the only Spanish language song she knew...Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad.

I have to highly disagree since you never ONCE mentioned the food. You just complained about Feliz Navidad. Mi Tierra has some of the best carne guisada around. Sure it's a tourist attraction, but there are plenty of locals who eat there. I ate there quite often when I lived there.

Top Bottom