• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The role of a lobbyist is get bills passed in a hostile political environment.

If you recall, there were numerous opportunities where Alice had the opportunity to keep her mouth shut on Bonnen’s actions throughout the legislative session. Instead, she chose to take sides and I think it’s fair to ask why.

The speaker is a very powerful position. If you don't speak in support of him, it's tantamount to speaking against him. Examples of the extremes of his pettiness can be seen in exactly what led to his downfall. Remember - this is a guy that loaded key committees with leftist democrats - and before you jump on Alice's throat any further.......I don't recall many of our "solid republicans" speaking out against those appointments. Ever wondered why?

Again - we have to ALL contact our reps and hold their feet to the fire w/regards to the next Speaker - he HAS to be a REAL conservative, pro-2nd republican or we're going to be right down the same path. And the Lt Governor needs to understand that HIS actions are being watched, as well.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Re Bonnon is out.

Hasta as in butcherd slang for goodbye kick rocks etc.

Chuckle headed as in stupid or block head.

Jasper as in ignorant unsophisticated not from here i.e. rino fake and not good at it.

Hasta you chuckle headed jasper.

Or for the grammar nazis.....

adiós jaspe con cabeza risueña...........goodbye jasper with chuckle head
    yay yay the witch is ded

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The speaker is a very powerful position. If you don't speak in support of him, it's tantamount to speaking against him. Examples of the extremes of his pettiness can be seen in exactly what led to his downfall. Remember - this is a guy that loaded key committees with leftist democrats - and before you jump on Alice's throat any further.......I don't recall many of our "solid republicans" speaking out against those appointments. Ever wondered why?

Again - we have to ALL contact our reps and hold their feet to the fire w/regards to the next Speaker - he HAS to be a REAL conservative, pro-2nd republican or we're going to be right down the same path. And the Lt Governor needs to understand that HIS actions are being watched, as well.
    Yeah like that is going to get me anywhere when I'm represented by Al fcking Green.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here

I don't recall many of our "solid republicans" singing his praises and lying to protect him like alice tripp did. It is apparent that tripp did not want any competition from pro-2A organizations, that is why she told the lies about Chris McNutt. She even continued to lie to me after she knew that I knew the truth.

No truer words have ever been spoken!

For those who don't know who their Representative and Senator is, here is a link. Just click your Rep. or Sen. name and it will take you to a page with his/her contact info.

We should all email, snail mail and call their offices. Most if not all of them have more than one office so we should email, snail mail and call both of their offices.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Find his strongest opponent and get those you know to help you support 'em - block walk, fundraise - whatever you can do. We booted an "unbeatable" rep in Comal County 3 years ago - it CAN be done.
    Yep, I'm close enough to be able to do some of that. I'm a little behind because of having kids and all, but I intend to do more on that line in the next year. Even if he does seem to be out for sure.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Now that TR is maybe done arguing with everyone, some updates.

PRESS RELEASE: Rhonda Seth Earns Key Endorsements and Gains Momentum

Rhonda Seth, Republican candidate for House District 25, has picked up key endorsements in her bid to represent Brazoria and Matagorda counties, and more will come in February.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, Texas Right to Life, Lone Star Gun Rights, Republican Liberty Caucus, leading conservative Rep. Jonathan Stickland, Veterans for the Preservation of Gun Rights, and 70 people - from Texans in the district and around the Lone Star State - have endorsed Rhonda Seth's campaign.

Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller announced his endorsement in mid-January, saying, "Rhonda Seth is the constitutional conservative we need fighting for the values of House District 25 in Austin. In a crowded primary field, Rhonda Seth has exhibited the courage needed to stand up in the face of adversity, shown by her willingness to stand up to incumbency. Rhonda has proven her commitment to public service through her career as an ER nurse. I recognize the need for a champion of the residents of HD-25. I believe Rhonda is that champion. I encourage farmers, ranchers, industry workers and Republicans throughout House District 25 to support Rhonda Seth in her election for State Rep."

The Political Action Committee for Texas Right to Life, the oldest and leading organization in Texas to protect life, endorsed Seth. Its director, Luke Bowen, said, "Rhonda Seth's Pro-Life convictions guided her to stand up to challenge Dennis Bonnen when no one else would. Her experience as a nurse will empower her to staunchly advocate for the preborn and vulnerable in the Texas House. Texas Right to Life is proud to endorse her campaign!"

Derek Wills, with Lone Star Gun Rights, endorsed Seth, saying, "We congratulate Rhonda Seth in earning the Hardest Endorsement in Texas. Rhonda has proven to us that she will push to expand our right to keep and bear firearms."

Republican Liberty Caucus Chairman, Jeff LeBlanc, said, "Her survey was one of the most impressive I have seen in a while. Also, her ability to stand for what was right, when no other candidate would, when not even the Republican Party of Texas would - that was bold. It was much easier and more opportunistic for those who filed to run after the Speaker's announcement to retire. Rhonda Seth braved to stand against the Speaker when he was still in this race, a sign of the backbone needed in Austin."

Conservative Republican Statehouse leader Jonathan Stickland issued his personal endorsement, saying, "It's a true opportunity for the voters in HD25, Brazoria and Matagorda counties - and the people of Texas, when a candidate steps forward that has strong conservative principles and the backbone to fight for those values in Austin. Rhonda Seth is that candidate, and Texas will be better if she wins the election on March 3rd. She has my support and endorsement."

Damian Bunde of Veterans for the Preservation of Gun Rights said, "We appreciate a candidate that had skin in the game when it truly mattered," referring to Seth's entrance into the race months before Bonnen removed himself from re-election.

And at her endorsement website, ivoteseth.com, 70 personal endorsements from within the district and around the State are found, from Stephen Willeford, the hero of Sutherland Springs, to local business people, such as Jennifer Auer, of the Auer Realty Group.

Seth said in response, "I'm humbled and grateful at the outpouring of support for our campaign to represent this great district by listening to the people and standing up in Austin. I appreciate my volunteers, campaign staff, and most of all, the voters. Let's stay true to Texas values."

Rhonda Seth is an ER nurse, married, and has two young children. She wants open and honest government and offers herself as a candidate to provide Brazoria and Matagorda counties with better representation.

More information about Seth's campaign can be found at RhondaSeth.com.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Now that TR is maybe done arguing with everyone, some updates.

PRESS RELEASE: Rhonda Seth Earns Key Endorsements and Gains Momentum

Rhonda Seth, Republican candidate for House District 25, has picked up key endorsements in her bid to represent Brazoria and Matagorda counties, and more will come in February.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, Texas Right to Life, Lone Star Gun Rights, Republican Liberty Caucus, leading conservative Rep. Jonathan Stickland, Veterans for the Preservation of Gun Rights, and 70 people - from Texans in the district and around the Lone Star State - have endorsed Rhonda Seth's campaign.

Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller announced his endorsement in mid-January, saying, "Rhonda Seth is the constitutional conservative we need fighting for the values of House District 25 in Austin. In a crowded primary field, Rhonda Seth has exhibited the courage needed to stand up in the face of adversity, shown by her willingness to stand up to incumbency. Rhonda has proven her commitment to public service through her career as an ER nurse. I recognize the need for a champion of the residents of HD-25. I believe Rhonda is that champion. I encourage farmers, ranchers, industry workers and Republicans throughout House District 25 to support Rhonda Seth in her election for State Rep."

The Political Action Committee for Texas Right to Life, the oldest and leading organization in Texas to protect life, endorsed Seth. Its director, Luke Bowen, said, "Rhonda Seth's Pro-Life convictions guided her to stand up to challenge Dennis Bonnen when no one else would. Her experience as a nurse will empower her to staunchly advocate for the preborn and vulnerable in the Texas House. Texas Right to Life is proud to endorse her campaign!"

Derek Wills, with Lone Star Gun Rights, endorsed Seth, saying, "We congratulate Rhonda Seth in earning the Hardest Endorsement in Texas. Rhonda has proven to us that she will push to expand our right to keep and bear firearms."

Republican Liberty Caucus Chairman, Jeff LeBlanc, said, "Her survey was one of the most impressive I have seen in a while. Also, her ability to stand for what was right, when no other candidate would, when not even the Republican Party of Texas would - that was bold. It was much easier and more opportunistic for those who filed to run after the Speaker's announcement to retire. Rhonda Seth braved to stand against the Speaker when he was still in this race, a sign of the backbone needed in Austin."

Conservative Republican Statehouse leader Jonathan Stickland issued his personal endorsement, saying, "It's a true opportunity for the voters in HD25, Brazoria and Matagorda counties - and the people of Texas, when a candidate steps forward that has strong conservative principles and the backbone to fight for those values in Austin. Rhonda Seth is that candidate, and Texas will be better if she wins the election on March 3rd. She has my support and endorsement."

Damian Bunde of Veterans for the Preservation of Gun Rights said, "We appreciate a candidate that had skin in the game when it truly mattered," referring to Seth's entrance into the race months before Bonnen removed himself from re-election.

And at her endorsement website, ivoteseth.com, 70 personal endorsements from within the district and around the State are found, from Stephen Willeford, the hero of Sutherland Springs, to local business people, such as Jennifer Auer, of the Auer Realty Group.

Seth said in response, "I'm humbled and grateful at the outpouring of support for our campaign to represent this great district by listening to the people and standing up in Austin. I appreciate my volunteers, campaign staff, and most of all, the voters. Let's stay true to Texas values."

Rhonda Seth is an ER nurse, married, and has two young children. She wants open and honest government and offers herself as a candidate to provide Brazoria and Matagorda counties with better representation.

More information about Seth's campaign can be found at RhondaSeth.com.

This is great news!

I need to make another donation to her campaign.

Top Bottom