• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Now that TR is maybe done arguing with everyone, some updates.

PRESS RELEASE: Rhonda Seth Earns Key Endorsements and Gains Momentum

Rhonda Seth, Republican candidate for House District 25, has picked up key endorsements in her bid to represent Brazoria and Matagorda counties, and more will come in February.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, Texas Right to Life, Lone Star Gun Rights, Republican Liberty Caucus, leading conservative Rep. Jonathan Stickland, Veterans for the Preservation of Gun Rights, and 70 people - from Texans in the district and around the Lone Star State - have endorsed Rhonda Seth's campaign.

Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller announced his endorsement in mid-January, saying, "Rhonda Seth is the constitutional conservative we need fighting for the values of House District 25 in Austin. In a crowded primary field, Rhonda Seth has exhibited the courage needed to stand up in the face of adversity, shown by her willingness to stand up to incumbency. Rhonda has proven her commitment to public service through her career as an ER nurse. I recognize the need for a champion of the residents of HD-25. I believe Rhonda is that champion. I encourage farmers, ranchers, industry workers and Republicans throughout House District 25 to support Rhonda Seth in her election for State Rep."

The Political Action Committee for Texas Right to Life, the oldest and leading organization in Texas to protect life, endorsed Seth. Its director, Luke Bowen, said, "Rhonda Seth's Pro-Life convictions guided her to stand up to challenge Dennis Bonnen when no one else would. Her experience as a nurse will empower her to staunchly advocate for the preborn and vulnerable in the Texas House. Texas Right to Life is proud to endorse her campaign!"

Derek Wills, with Lone Star Gun Rights, endorsed Seth, saying, "We congratulate Rhonda Seth in earning the Hardest Endorsement in Texas. Rhonda has proven to us that she will push to expand our right to keep and bear firearms."

Republican Liberty Caucus Chairman, Jeff LeBlanc, said, "Her survey was one of the most impressive I have seen in a while. Also, her ability to stand for what was right, when no other candidate would, when not even the Republican Party of Texas would - that was bold. It was much easier and more opportunistic for those who filed to run after the Speaker's announcement to retire. Rhonda Seth braved to stand against the Speaker when he was still in this race, a sign of the backbone needed in Austin."

Conservative Republican Statehouse leader Jonathan Stickland issued his personal endorsement, saying, "It's a true opportunity for the voters in HD25, Brazoria and Matagorda counties - and the people of Texas, when a candidate steps forward that has strong conservative principles and the backbone to fight for those values in Austin. Rhonda Seth is that candidate, and Texas will be better if she wins the election on March 3rd. She has my support and endorsement."

Damian Bunde of Veterans for the Preservation of Gun Rights said, "We appreciate a candidate that had skin in the game when it truly mattered," referring to Seth's entrance into the race months before Bonnen removed himself from re-election.

And at her endorsement website, ivoteseth.com, 70 personal endorsements from within the district and around the State are found, from Stephen Willeford, the hero of Sutherland Springs, to local business people, such as Jennifer Auer, of the Auer Realty Group.

Seth said in response, "I'm humbled and grateful at the outpouring of support for our campaign to represent this great district by listening to the people and standing up in Austin. I appreciate my volunteers, campaign staff, and most of all, the voters. Let's stay true to Texas values."

Rhonda Seth is an ER nurse, married, and has two young children. She wants open and honest government and offers herself as a candidate to provide Brazoria and Matagorda counties with better representation.

More information about Seth's campaign can be found at RhondaSeth.com.

Y'all can add another endorsement to that list, Ron Paul.

https://www.facebook.com/RhondaSethCampaign/photos/a.377498846445025/541600010034907/

I am humbled and honored to receive the endorsement of a great man, a champion for smaller government, transparency, and liberty - especially here in his former district. I promise to work hard to be true to Texas values. Just as he never wavered on principle, I aim to do the same for the people of Brazoria and Matagorda counties.

Attachments

• 84068253_541600013368240_3415711989278703616_n.jpg
      84068253_541600013368240_3415711989278703616_n.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 456

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Rhonda Seth gained another endorsement today!

I am INCREDIBLY proud to receive the endorsement today from Gun Owners of America!

Gun Owners of America is fiercely protective of our 2nd Amendment rights and are constantly involved at a legislative level to fight back against those that seek to disarm us.

GOA needs everyone to step up beside them to present a strong, united front.
    Let's get prepared for the 2021 Legislative Session by joining them.

www.facebook.com/groups/txgoa

"Remember, an armed society is a polite society."

#TruetoTexasValues

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Sadly Rhonda Seth did not make the runoff. She is endorsing Cody Vasut for the runoff election in May.

https://www.facebook.com/RhondaSethCampaign/posts/561004681427773

Good afternoon HD25 and fellow Texans!!

Election results from last night for the HD25 race clearly did not got the way we wanted but I have a few things to say about this race.

First, I am INCREDIBLY thankful to every single person that stepped up beside me to fight against the corruption and FOR The People. To every volunteer, to every donor and to everyone that has supported this effort along the way, I thank you! The team I surrounded myself with wasn't a typical bought and paid for team. But I had the people who were in this for the right reasons and that stood beside me every single step of the way. A very special thank you to my husband Thomas and my sons for your patience and everything in between. The good news, I will cook dinner again!
    And also, a heartfelt thank you to Justin and Laurie Mills. Every event, every mile and every weather condition, the both of you were by my side while you put your own lives on hold. Once in a lifetime friends.

Let me tell you what I see as the big picture. First, my initial goal of removing Dennis Bonnen as our Representative was accomplished. More of by his own corruption than anything, but he's no longer our representative. Next, his handpicked replacement won't be stepping in to fill his shoes and to carry on the backroom deals and corruption at our expense.

I started this race as a complete political outsider. I had NO political ties. No political experience. I started my account with $60 dollars. Our team was able to raise nearly $190,000 of which approximately 90%, I turned around and spent here within our district. I bought signs local, I bought and sent mail local and I donated local. I didn't just recycle money from here within our district as is normally done. I am PROUD of the more than 4500 votes we received. We worked hard to reach the voters and earn their support.

I am the candidate that brought in EVERY SINGLE statewide, legitimate endorsement. I specifically sought the ones that reflected my values and those of our district. I greatly appreciate each of those individuals and groups that spoke up to support me. It is a big deal to put your name and reputation on the line for someone.

Let me tell you also what I learned about endorsements. All endorsements are not created equal. When you get these mailers from groups like Texas Alliance for Life, they are hack groups, designed to give “pro-life” cover to candidates supported by the corruption. My advice: we should research those endorsements with the same diligence that we should research the candidates themselves. Please don’t believe the mailers any more than you believe everything you read on Facebook. It is largely designed to manipulate.

One last thought on endorsements. Judges…our fair and impartial judges.. should never endorse candidates. It divides our communities and isn’t right.

Moving forward: There were only 2 candidates in this race that truly ran on a platform of issues and didn’t rely on name ID or a single issue. That was me and Cody Vasut.

I am personally endorsing Cody Vasut and I will be putting my time, money and efforts into making sure that our NEXT representative is the right one. I have gotten to know Cody personally and I am satisfied that he has a strong moral compass to fight for the values we have in HD25. I have spoken at length with him regarding important issues such as Constitutional Carry, Pro-life legislation, upending the property tax scheme and border security. He is right on all these issues and is articulate about defending them.
    There will be a runoff election on May 26th to determine the next representative. It is historically, has VERY LOW voter turnout. I urge everyone to GET OUT AND VOTE on May 26th for Cody Vasut.

I am truly proud of the campaign I ran. We tackled the hard stuff with class and integrity and resisted the urge to “play dirty.” At the end of the day it DOES matter HOW you go about winning.

Thank you again to everyone that is fighting for liberty and our freedom. Thank you to the men and women from across Texas and here in our district that stepped in and spoke up to support my efforts.
    Make no mistake, we are at war for our future. For our kids and grandkids. We can’t afford to coast and be lazy about defending ourselves and our values.

God bless Texas.

#TruetoTexasValues

Sincerely,
    Rhonda Seth

Top Bottom