• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Carry of 1911's

I carry either a "full size" or "Commander" exclusively in an "IWB" holster year round, but I don't think there's a pocket carry available that would make either comfortable or quick to draw. A good belt and decent "IWB" does wonders though. Good Luck.
    Capitol Armory ad

sawrecker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    what I want is a a inside the pants thigh rig that puts the pistol at the cargo pocket of cargo shorts so you can cut out the inside of the pocket and access thru the flap... just a ider

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    How bout this...
    hellbentholsters.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    sorry for the delay in responding JKTex. I have a leather OWB holster I got from Sportsmansguide, it's a 4-position. I am new to trying to carry the 1911, but I just can't seem to find a good method of carrying it and dress like I normally do for work. I'm really just trying to experiment. I think I need an IWB holster now...

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    How 'bout this?

<snip>What I'm ultimately trying to do is find a way to carry my 1911 in summertime, but being someone of some girth, it's difficult to find a way to tote it around.

I personally have not done this, but a friend of mine (with some girth of his own) carries his 1911 in a horizontal shoulder holster over a light t-shirt for comfort, with a Hawiian shirt or Mexican Guyaberra (sp?) shirt over it. Well concealed, comfortable, and doesn't pull his pants down.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That dose have a lot to with it but haveing a built in pocket that is made for holding a gun might be a good thing as well.

Well sure. But if the material surrounding the area of substantial weight is flimsier, you won't get much support. The gun may very well stay in place in the pocket, but that pocket will flop around in relation to the rest of the shorts, especially when walking and moving around.

Stability and rigidity to the form would make a drastic difference. I have a mocked up IWB holster that's a perfect example. The gun wears marvelous, but the wings of the loops for the belt is significantly flimsier. So upon draw the holster gets yanked around instead of releasing the gun.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    what I want is a a inside the pants thigh rig that puts the pistol at the cargo pocket of cargo shorts so you can cut out the inside of the pocket and access thru the flap... just a ider

I've actually considered building a rig like this. Motivation comes from a couple different sources but I'm going to explore it soon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom