Target Sports

Special One Day Carbine 1 Class with a twist!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Here it is, the last class of the year and it is definitely going to be a special one. Combative Weapon Solutions will be teaching the Carbine 1 class on Saturday December 14th, 2013 with a special twist. Half of this class will be made up of industry instructors and special guests. The remaining 10 spots will be available for clients/students that would like the opportunity to train side by side with these industry professionals. Each special guest instructor will also have the option to give a small lecture or instruct a small portion of the carbine class so everyone will get a chance to learn about these industry partners. Seats are almost full, so email or call today to reserve your spot. This is a class you definitely do not want to miss!

K6_TY47YS3x.png
    Date: Saturday December 14, 2013 9AM-5PM

Cost: $200 + $25 Range Fee

Carbine 1 is intended for beginner, intermediate, and advanced shooters. Focus will be on efficient and consistent weapons manipulations to increase speed and accuracy with the use of a carbine. Core curriculum will be proper fundamentals for increasing accuracy and proficiency while under stress. Changeover to secondary weapon platform fundamentals will also be covered as part of the class. This is NOT a static shooting class, but rather a class that brings the reality of a dynamic incident and the use of a firearm into a truth based perspective.

Topics Covered:
    - Safety & Nomenclature
    - Winning mindset
    - Proper zero and fundamental ballistics
    - Fundamentals of shooting
    - Reload methods
    - Speed vs. Precision shooting
    - Alternative shooting positions
    -Transitions to secondary weapon systems
    - Intro to moving and shooting

Equipment & Gear Needed:
    - Semi-Auto handgun with holster
    - Semi-auto carbine/AR15
    - 300 rounds of carbine ammunition MINIMUM
    - 100 rounds of handgun ammunition
    - Rifle sling
    - Minimum 2 Magazines each, 3
    preferable
    - Magazine Holster, War Belt, or Chest Rig
    - Eye & Ear Protection
    - Hat and comfortable clothing
    - Knee & Elbow pads
    - Sunscreen
    - Notepad & pen
    - An open mind & positive attitude

RSVP by December 12, 2013
    Lee Vernon @ (512)750-7758
    Lee@combativeweaponsolutions.com
    Registration form @ http://www.tacticalfirearmstrainingaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/CWS-Student-Application.pdf
    Class size is limited!
    email-75.jpg
    Lee Vernon
    CEO
    Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas
    lee@combativeweaponsolutions.com
    Capitol Armory ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just thinking out loud, what type of person will be your special guests?

Also, again no judgment, just thinking; why would industry instructors take such a basic class?

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    In order to see the list, you have to sign up for the class. Needless to say, these instructors are reputable with CREDIBLE backgrounds that solidify what they teach.

As far as the question of why would industry instructors take such a basic class? Every reputable and high caliber instructor I know (and I know and work with many in the defense industry) all take some type of fundamentals class on a regular basis. All of my instructors and I take basic fundamental classes from as many different instructors as we possibly can on a regular basis. The fundamental basics are a perishable skill and bad habits that we may not be aware of will creep in and need to be adjusted. Plus the fact that there is always some type of fundamental that needs work in order to push ourselves to be faster, smoother, and more accurate. As teachers, we are always striving to improve and learn and I learn something from every class I/we attend. If we didn't, then shame on us for attending training with a closed mind. Anytime someone thinks they have mastered the skill of firearms use and no longer has the will to get better, then there are bigger issues at hand.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In order to see the list, you have to sign up for the class. Needless to say, these instructors are reputable with CREDIBLE backgrounds that solidify what they teach.
    Sounds like Obamacare.

As far as the question of why would industry instructors take such a basic class? Every reputable and high caliber instructor I know (and I know and work with many in the defense industry) all take some type of fundamentals class on a regular basis. All of my instructors and I take basic fundamental classes from as many different instructors as we possibly can on a regular basis. The fundamental basics are a perishable skill and bad habits that we may not be aware of will creep in and need to be adjusted. Plus the fact that there is always some type of fundamental that needs work in order to push ourselves to be faster, smoother, and more accurate. As teachers, we are always striving to improve and learn and I learn something from every class I/we attend. If we didn't, then shame on us for attending training with a closed mind. Anytime someone thinks they have mastered the skill of firearms use and no longer has the will to get better, then there are bigger issues at hand.

I disagree with this, as well. Max Joseph, Chris Costa, Clint Smith, etc., (I could name many), are all regularly taking basic courses?

I wish you well for the class.

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Confirmed Attending Guest Instructors:

- Stephen Pineau
    http://www.m3-strategies.com/

- Mike Pendley of Hex Tactical Resources
    http://www.hextacticalresources.com/

- Brian Baxter of Highlander Defense Consultants
    http://highlanderdefenseconsultants.com/

Remaining instructor spots attendance will be by CWS instructors and training staff.

Whether teaching, attending, demoing, or practicing fundamentals the point is that they are getting constant repetition of those fundamentals. The instructors that I know do actually attend other classes when time allows. TX.. anytime you would like to attend some reality based training that will test your physical and mental skills, you are always welcome. As a company, we are truly doing things that very few, if any others are doing when it comes to our classes. Looking at us as a company, not as a single individual, the years of combined street and military experience brings a level of credibility to the curriculum and methods that we teach that are related to the real world here in the USA. We are not trying to make people into military ninjas, rather, we want people to have a realistic understanding of what is involved if deadly force is ever to be used and teach methods that are congruent to that fact.

If we were simply a fly by night company, I do not think that we would have a working and expanding relationship with so many industry manufacturers and accredited industry professionals. Having trained a wide array of people with backgrounds in the SF community, military, LE, and civilian fields that return for more training speaks volumes. Enough of my rant. Unless one attends our classes personally, I believe one can not accurately or with integrity comment negatively or positively with validity on any experience with us. So, if you or anyone else on the group would ever like to attend, please by all means, sign up and make a class. Then at least one's evaluation of us could have some type of legitimacy and substance. Stay safe.

Top Bottom