• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Is there a cost to come hang out and just observe the festivities? I'd like to bring my oldest son and let him see some of the fun. Don't really have enough of a collection to warrant participation myself. Lmk thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    $100 each to everyone else there OR . . join in the fun ;) You don't have to bring the biggest, baddest, or most guns. Just come out, meet people and enjoy.

Is your son old enough to shoot safely? If so, my guess is he'd be disappointed if he couldn't play too.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Is there a cost to come hang out and just observe the festivities? I'd like to bring my oldest son and let him see some of the fun. Don't really have enough of a collection to warrant participation myself. Lmk thanks.

At the very least, buy the boy a range fee.
    We've got guns and ammo to spare and share.
    Don't miss out.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's free if you're just coming out to shoot the shit. If you think you're gonna shoot, you should go ahead and step in the office to pay in. It'll run ya $15 all day, as many guns as you'd like to shoot. The staff get a little antsy when they have big groups when it comes to watching for people shooting without paying. Even though on a normal day, they may let you get by with just running a test mag for free or even trying one or two guns out....it's harder to keep up with who's doing what with big groups. So if you're on the line, they'll be looking to see that you paid.

Your collection size doesn't matter. Hell, my fiance went to her first meet with only one gun.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I go to the meets with plenty of guns and may only shoot one.

I'd say pay the entry even if you don't bring a gun. I'll let you shoot something, or someone else will.

Watch the thread for what folks are bringing. You'll see the variety and the willingness to share.

Sent from my HAL 9000

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The first time I went, I took two pistols. One I thought no one would be interested in. It turned out to be a big hit.
    The number of guns is meaningless as is the amount of ammo you bring. Come out, have fun and get to know us. If your kid wants to shoot, I will have ammo and guns. My guest. Wear his ass out.

Edit; by the way, what part of the state are you in?
    from an idgit coffeeholic

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Like stated, watch the threads. If you see something you would like to try bring some ammo for it. Most guys have ammo anyways but it helps if you have your own.

Almost anything there is available to shoot. It is well worth paying the range fee to shoot some guns you may never have the opportunity to own.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    It's free if you're just coming out to shoot the shit. If you think you're gonna shoot, you should go ahead and step in the office to pay in. It'll run ya $15 all day, as many guns as you'd like to shoot. The staff get a little antsy when they have big groups when it comes to watching for people shooting without paying. Even though on a normal day, they may let you get by with just running a test mag for free or even trying one or two guns out....it's harder to keep up with who's doing what with big groups. So if you're on the line, they'll be looking to see that you paid.

Your collection size doesn't matter. Hell, my fiance went to her first meet with only one gun.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

or $20?

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Well that settles it. I will show up then with him and shoot that's too easy. I just wasn't sure of the way it would be. We go to the range with what we have and I was wanting him to see some other types and calibers of firearms instead of what we have around the house. I'll bring the guns we have and see what else we can get into. We have (2 40's 1 9mm, 1 380, .22LR, .556 and .12ga). Thanks

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I usually bring more ammo than my shoulder can handle. I can bring hundreds of rounds and the steel buttplate on the Garand will wear me out after several 8 round clips. I usually shoot a handgun for a while and then go back to rifle to give body parts a rest. Just ask and I will be glad to let you shoot some of the different kinds I bring to the meet and greet.

The TGT meet at Hicksville is different from just going to a public range on a given day. We kinda know each other from 'typing-at-one-another'. If I went to a local gun range and some guy walked up and asked to shoot my gun I might be hesitant because he is a stranger, I have NO IDEA who he is, but at Hicksville, it's different.

bob

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Well that settles it. I will show up then with him and shoot that's too easy. I just wasn't sure of the way it would be. We go to the range with what we have and I was wanting him to see some other types and calibers of firearms instead of what we have around the house. I'll bring the guns we have and see what else we can get into. We have (2 40's 1 9mm, 1 380, .22LR, .556 and .12ga). Thanks

Looking forward to meeting you and the kid! We will all have plenty of guns and ammo for y'all to shoot. I leave my pistols on the shooting table for anyone and everyone to enjoy. :)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom