Spectre II on Sig Mosquito - Does This Look Right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texmln

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    I recently bought a SilencerCo Spectre II for my Sig Mosquito. I also purchased a SilencerCo thread adapter specifically for the Spectre and the Mosquito. The adapter threads onto the barrel just fine but the can will absolutely not bottom out on the adapter threads. Here's a pic:

View attachment 31060

I sent an email to SilencerCo along with the pic to ask if this is normal and they immediately replied they would send out a new thread adapter, which led me to believe I had a problem. However, I have the same issue with the replacement thread adapter they sent. I'm not really sure if it is an issue or not, so I'm hoping somebody out there has the same setup and can let me know. It just doesn't seem that the can fits correctly on the threads and I'm hesitant to put any rounds through it the way it looks.

Thanks,

texmln

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Welcome to the forum,

Have you gone back to the local gunstore where you bought the can? Maybe they have an expert that can help.

I would also like to see a picture, your attachment is not working. Maybe using a picture host like Photobucket might help.

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Yep pic does not work. Have you shot this can on any other guns? How do the threads look on the can? From your description it would seem that the threads on the can may have a bur or something.

texmln

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Sorry, guys. Wasn't able to respond last week. I've given the picture another try here:

SigMosquito.gif

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I would at the very least, remove the barrel from the gun, and attach the suppressor, visually inspect it to insure that the they are concentric. Look down the barrel at a light and verify the line of sight for the supressor is good. I would even do it with any replacement adapter as well.

The Mosquito barrel is easily removable, right? It is not like a Ruger MK-1/2/3.

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    That is a lot of space. I would take the can to the place you bought it if possible. They should have another barrel you can thread it on just to check the threads on your Spectre. Where do you live? Others here might be able to meet up with you.

texmln

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    I spoke with SilencerCo about it today and they say lube the threads and 'wrench it on there' until I hit the shoulder. I'll let the forum know how that works out...

texmln

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Turns out it did need a little wrenching. Didn't take much and it screwed right down to the shoulder. All is good.

Top Bottom