• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Can anyone give a value on a like new stainless/black one of these. I need to follow up to see if the factory goodies come with the one I'm looking at. The fit and finish is unbelievable on these firearms.

If anyone has any experience shooting one of these I'd like to hear. Of course I've never heard anything bad about any of the Sphinx guns, some specifics would be nice....trigger etc.
    ARJ Defense ad

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I researched this for a few days now and I can find prices all over the place from 825.00 in 2012 to 2,500.00 in 2015
    It looks and feels great, so I put on layaway at 1,500.00. I'm really sure if that's good or not at this point but it was one of those guns that wouldn't get out of my head it was so tight and machined so well.

KimoKoa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2018
    Houston
    I had the chance to fire the Sphinx sdp at shotshow and these guns are awesome. I mentioned that it looked like a high end cz and the guy got upset and told me right away it’s nothing like a cz lol

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nice Tanfoglio

Ktl8Let.jpg

Attachments

• iGcDng5.jpg
      iGcDng5.jpg
      17.9 KB · Views: 220
    • lXnIlPf.jpg
      lXnIlPf.jpg
      33.4 KB · Views: 228
    • jXUY6Hv.png
      jXUY6Hv.png
      430.2 KB · Views: 235
    Last edited:

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Iv'e shot one. I was unimpressed. It weighs as much as a boat anchor and the for that kind of money the trigger felt like that same boat anchor was being drug across a gravel driveway on double action mode. Single action mode was ok.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    $1500-$2500 for a 9mm.

Does it also shoot unicorn tears?

I’m sure it’s a well made pistol, but it’s hard for me to imagine dropping that coin on a 9mm.

Are they collectors items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    $1500-$2500 for a 9mm.

Does it also shoot unicorn tears?

I’m sure it’s a well made pistol, but it’s hard for me to imagine dropping that coin on a 9mm.

Are they collectors items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very rare. You would be hard pressed to even find one Sphinx 2000/3000 series gun being sold right now. That's why I was having a hard time putting a value on it. These were hand fit and you can tell when handling them. Only Sphinx's you can find are current aluminum SDP's being mass produced.

I have the itch for one of these, but they are definitely out of my range, even if I could find one.
    L94qTYl.jpg

This is just one of the current production 9mm guns that easily get in that range. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/777388884

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes, very rare. You would be hard pressed to even find one Sphinx 2000/3000 series gun being sold right now. That's why I was having a hard time putting a value on it. These were hand fit and you can tell when handling them. Only Sphinx's you can find are current aluminum SDP's being mass produced.

I have the itch for one of these, but they are definitely out of my range, even if I could find one.
    View attachment 141924

There are current production 9mm guns that easily get in that range. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/777388884

Link goes to an STI.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Link goes to an STI.

Correctamundo.
    I was showing him that current production guns in 9mm exceed that price range. I was trying to give some perspective for a hand fitted gun that is no longer made versus current hand fitted 9mm guns being made.

Really, anything is a lot when you get over a grand in the handgun world, it's hard to justify it. Most guns are to be shot, some are to be kept locked away and pulled out to admire like artwork. I just wished I could afford more of both.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom