APOD Firearms

Spoke to a 21 year old biden supporter today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    female Biden supporter? You have to understand women. 3 Bs. Babies, bucks and bobbles. Whatever order you wish. When they can't get those they will WHINE. Too late folks.
    Courts are crap anymore. Phelan got 2 votes against him. It's all about $$. Many good folks have tried to run but Tx R party won't help finance. Most Tx Reps are big $$ people who get $ from the party. Phelan is one of them. He will continue to make $ from real estate, no matter what the Tx economy is. So will the rest. Mom voted obummer as he is black (I guess). Next time she didn't. She wanted her son's to visit her. I don't trust West a bit. Email my state and Fed rep. They lost my vote - he did email a 'why I voted to accept Electoral College votes', some sorry Constitutional BS. Guy was Marine Intelligence officer. Uh? Intelligence? Doesn't appear to be.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    female Biden supporter? You have to understand women. 3 Bs. Babies, bucks and bobbles. Whatever order you wish. When they can't get those they will WHINE. Too late folks.
    Courts are crap anymore. Phelan got 2 votes against him. It's all about $$. Many good folks have tried to run but Tx R party won't help finance. Most Tx Reps are big $$ people who get $ from the party. Phelan is one of them. He will continue to make $ from real estate, no matter what the Tx economy is. So will the rest. Mom voted obummer as he is black (I guess). Next time she didn't. She wanted her son's to visit her. I don't trust West a bit. Email my state and Fed rep. They lost my vote - he did email a 'why I voted to accept Electoral College votes', some sorry Constitutional BS. Guy was Marine Intelligence officer. Uh? Intelligence? Doesn't appear to be.
    West flaked out on us?

MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not
    West flaked out on us?

They all go sideways or south. Just look at Crenshaw. He was all about putting Texas first, but the first time he was rattled by anything, he began sputtering about how it's ok for a trained pro like himself to have an AR15 but not civilians. He's smelling a bit like a lawyer-politician that knows better that you because....well...you know he is, right?

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I just don't understand how it is that leftists march in lock step but decant find two reliable candidates/office holders to rub together. Half of our SC justices take a hard left turn while I have never seen a D appointment drift right. Out congressweasels start drifting left as soon as they get to Washington. One of Trump's more endearing qualities is that he never wavered, at least not aside from telling people to stand down after the 6th.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It boggles my mind why anyone would waste time talking to anyone that voted for, or supports Biden in the first place.

I would have said the same about Obama voters. But a lot of them became Trump voters.

If you refuse to let people change or allow them to hear an apposing view, they will never hear any reason to change and never know any different than what they hear on CNN. Especially the younger crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It boggles my mind why anyone would waste time talking to anyone that voted for, or supports Biden in the first place.
    If you don't, or are unwilling, to listen to exactly what encouraged the voter to vote as they did how in the world would you ever expect to alter their point of view? If you don't discuss point-by-point how/why, in the Biden voters mind, they made their decision - How would you ever expect to change that decision? They bought a Ford Pinto. You're trying to sell them a Cadillac. You can't just say "It's better - stupid!" If you are unwilling to spend the time and energy necessary to sway/turn those voters to accept your ideology I'm not quite sure how you plan to put another republican(or whatever 3rd party develops) in office. Osmosis does not work. You can't stand next to them and have them absorb your beliefs.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    My simply reply to Bidophiles is

Go study some history on your pedophile prez and his hooker side kick. Then come back so we can discuss your support for them.

If your still a supporter after educating yourself on them we have no need to talk cuz your a freaking ignorant sumbiatch and I dont have time or energy to try to explain your ignorance to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you don't, or are unwilling, to listen to exactly what encouraged the voter to vote as they did how in the world would you ever expect to alter their point of view? If you don't discuss point-by-point how/why, in the Biden voters mind, they made their decision - How would you ever expect to change that decision? They bought a Ford Pinto. You're trying to sell them a Cadillac. You can't just say "It's better - stupid!" If you are unwilling to spend the time and energy necessary to sway/turn those voters to accept your ideology I'm not quite sure how you plan to put another republican(or whatever 3rd party develops) in office. Osmosis does not work. You can't stand next to them and have them absorb your beliefs.

I don't have the time, energy or patience to spend trying to change the opinions of people that have been taught, or indoctrinated over years of being spoon fed nonsense. They did not come to these beliefs or opinions overnight. Changing such people would take lots of time. Even then, I seriously doubt many of them would change their viewpoints.

What might change their opinions and beliefs is the world they live in and believe in, crashes down on their heads, and they wake up and realize everything they were taught to believe was lies and nonsense, taught to them by people that never had to function in the real world.

Too many people want to lay the blame for many of the younger generations failings in regards to their beliefs and opinions of being indoctrinated by our educational systems being run by liberal teachers and administrators. Meh? I'd put the blame for that a bit closer to home squarely on the parents shoulders. Too many parents living their lives and perfectly content to transfer the responsibilities of parenting of their children to a liberal educational system. Then the next generation got worse, and the next, and so on, and here we are!

Nope. Many blame the younger generations, but it really wasn't their fault. It was the parents not being involved and being parents. Parents started with wanting to be their children's best friends, and wanting to be popular, or the "cool parent" instead of doing the job of being their parent and making the tough and unpopular choices that were in the best interests of their children. Now they are whining and bitching about where did things go wrong and why are our children like this?

Funny thing is, my brother and his wife, and all the parents I know personally, that took an active role in being involved in their children's lives and paid attention to what was going on in their children's lives, don't have children that are anything like this.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I don't have the time, energy or patience to spend trying to change the opinions of people that have been taught, or indoctrinated over years of being spoon fed nonsense. They did not come to these beliefs or opinions overnight. Changing such people would take lots of time. Even then, I seriously doubt many of them would change their viewpoints.

What might change their opinions and beliefs is the world they live in and believe in, crashes down on their heads, and they wake up and realize everything they were taught to believe was lies and nonsense, taught to them by people that never had to function in the real world.

Too many people want to lay the blame for many of the younger generations failings in regards to their beliefs and opinions of being indoctrinated by our educational systems being run by liberal teachers and administrators. Meh? I'd put the blame for that a bit closer to home squarely on the parents shoulders. Too many parents living their lives and perfectly content to transfer the responsibilities of parenting of their children to a liberal educational system. Then the next generation got worse, and the next, and so on, and here we are!

Nope. Many blame the younger generations, but it really wasn't their fault. It was the parents not being involved and being parents. Parents started with wanting to be their children's best friends, and wanting to be popular, or the "cool parent" instead of doing the job of being their parent and making the tough and unpopular choices that were in the best interests of their children. Now they are whining and bitching about where did things go wrong and why are our children like this?

Funny thing is, my brother and his wife, and all the parents I know personally, that took an active role in being involved in their children's lives and paid attention to what was going on in their children's lives, don't have children that are anything like this.
    And you are certainly entitled to your view/opinion.

I mention what it will take to turn Biden voters. You go on a "blame" diatribe. I could care less who's to blame. Nor do I relish the thought of your suggestion of ".... their world crashing down on their head and they wake up...." Not a bad idea until you stop to consider that what is crashing down on their heads is crashing down on our heads as well. If you're unwilling/unable to put forth effort to turn the tide exactly what contribution is it you are making. Standing around telling someone how stupid they are seldom, if ever, encourages someone to make a new decision. Information/examples is what they need to alter their decision making process. I much prefer teaching/educating to shooting the stupid SOB.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    And you are certainly entitled to your view/opinion.

I mention what it will take to turn Biden voters. You go on a "blame" diatribe. I could care less who's to blame. Nor do I relish the thought of your suggestion of ".... their world crashing down on their head and they wake up...." Not a bad idea until you stop to consider that what is crashing down on their heads is crashing down on our heads as well. If you're unwilling/unable to put forth effort to turn the tide exactly what contribution is it you are making. Standing around telling someone how stupid they are seldom, if ever, encourages someone to make a new decision. Information/examples is what they need to alter their decision making process. I much prefer teaching/educating to shooting the stupid SOB.

And that is also part of how we got here as well. Too many people wanting to baby and molly-coddle the younger generations, instead of being tough on them.

A "blame" diatribe? Call it whatever you want to. I'm pointing out merely what I was seeing thirty and forty years ago, and where the problems with the younger generations started.

And frankly Doug, the world can crashing down on everyone's head! We are sitting decently enough that what goes on elsewhere isn't going to stop us from doing what we need to get done. So frankly again, I have no plans on contributing to "educating", nor do I want to anymore.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And that is also part of how we got here as well. Too many people wanting to baby and molly-coddle the younger generations, instead of being tough on them.

A "blame" diatribe? Call it whatever you want to. I'm pointing out merely what I was seeing thirty and forty years ago, and where the problems with the younger generations started.

And frankly Doug, the world can crashing down on everyone's head! We are sitting decently enough that what goes on elsewhere isn't going to stop us from doing what we need to get done. So frankly again, I have no plans on contributing to "educating", nor do I want to anymore.
    If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the....

Just sayin'!

slumpychuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2021
    Conroe, Tx

Just sayin'!

I gotta say, this is not a fair conclusion. You think talking to them is the solution, or at least a solution. Axxe made it pretty clear he doesn't. Calling him part of the problem because he doesn't agree with your solution won't get us anywhere. Sounds like the real conversation is what can actually be done to pull these people's heads out of their asses, specifically on a scale that results in an actual shift in tide, and honestly, I would tend to think that tender-lovin conversation is no longer the best approach given what we've witnessed in the last year alone. What's supposed to be the next step if talking doesn't work? Yelling?

MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not

Exactly what I've been preaching for years. These people are too comfortable and it shows.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I gotta say, this is not a fair conclusion. You think talking to them is the solution, or at least a solution. Axxe made it pretty clear he doesn't. Calling him part of the problem because he doesn't agree with your solution won't get us anywhere. Sounds like the real conversation is what can actually be done to pull these people's heads out of their asses, specifically on a scale that results in an actual shift in tide, and honestly, I would tend to think that tender-lovin conversation is no longer the best approach given what we've witnessed in the last year alone. What's supposed to be the next step if talking doesn't work? Yelling?
    Mmmmm.... I suggested talking/educating was a solution. Both you and Axxe55 suggest I'm wrong and that time has passed. Yet, you offer no proposal, no solution to the problem, other than letting the U.S.A. crash and burn to teach them fucka's a lesson that "maybe" they'll learn. I dunno - sounds kinna risky to me.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Just sayin'!

And you know the solution? Might want to look closer to your own home before suggesting that I'm part of the problem. Case in point, I don't have any children. But you do.

Mmmmm.... I suggested talking/educating was a solution. Both you and Axxe55 suggest I'm wrong and that time has passed. Yet, you offer no proposal, no solution to the problem, other than letting the U.S.A. crash and burn to teach them fucka's a lesson that "maybe" they'll learn. I dunno - sounds kinna risky to me.

My proposal and solution was right there in the first reply I made to you. Let the world come crashing down on their heads!

I enjoy a lot of what technology has to offer and I do use it, but I'm hardly dependent upon it like the younger generations are. A country can survive, is more than just a song for some of us. I also adhere in many ways of the philosophy of survival of the fittest. I won't lose a lot of sleep over the loss of the soft and weak in our society.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom