Not Asking Questions.jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 499

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Actually, if I understand it correctly, the judges couldn't have started it if he hadn't authorized their emergency powers. He needs to be held accountable for that.

I don’t think so, but I’ll have to do some research on the state constitution. Most all the judges are citing TGC Section 418 (https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.418.htm) for their authority.

My understanding of that section is that the county can independently declare a disaster area, giving the county the ability to impose additional policing powers.

I might be wrong.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I don’t think so, but I’ll have to do some research on the state constitution. Most all the judges are citing TGC Section 418 (https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.418.htm) for their authority.

My understanding of that section is that the county can independently declare a disaster area, giving the county the ability to impose additional policing powers.

I might be wrong.
    I think you're right, but I'm not sure parts f and g are within the authority of the legislature to delegate. I am certain that they didn't put enough thought into preventing abuse at this scale. They definitely worried more about protecting fireworks than the economy as a whole.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm not going to be spooked.

People are born, and people are going to die. Just the circle of life.

Life is going to go on, regardless of what the virus does, or doesn't do.

Not making light of those stricken with it, or those who have died, but sometimes nature has to change the balance at times.

Maybe, we just need to trust, and put our faith in a higher being.

Maybe, it's time to do some praying, and to bring our lives into perspective, and concentrate on what is really important to us.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've lived through some very strange times, and I have to say that if you find this all very strange and unsettling, it's not your imagination. It's like the world looked at all the screwed up stuff from past centuries and said, "Hold my beer!" What's going on right now is very bizarre and is likely to have major ramifications - some good, some bad, but probably mostly bad.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I can’t find the article now, but an action the Gov took a few weeks before allowed some of their actions.

I don’t think so.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gov...lines-to-mitigate-spread-of-covid-19-in-texas

Though dated March 19, these orders were dated March 13. FEMA bundled it up with the first federal action, which occurred on Jan 20.

I’m pretty certain the legal logic is that a FEMA declaration occurred on Jan 20 and that declaration enables states and municipalities to declare disasters for FEMA purposes going forward.

I *think* the legal logic is that once an area is eligible to declare themselves a disaster area, they can do so if they meet the criteria, but I’m still trying to tie all of these things together.

Top Bottom