• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Are any of you into sport compacts? I've been doing carshows for a long time and building cars up...here is my most recent.

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2014-1.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg
    DK Firearms

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm into the performance side, but have never had enough money to get deep into it (but what little I've done has been a lot of fun!!).

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I like rwd Japanese sports cars, like 240sx's, Supras, 300zx's, Datsun Z series, etc but I really don't like any of the FWD stuff like Hondas (S2000 and NSX are rwd so I like those). ;) Actually, I was big into the Japanese sports car scene several years ago, though I never seemed to be able to finish a car project. For awhile there, I was trying to build an Rb26 Datsun 240z. Heck, I still have a damaged Rb26 laying around in the garage to prove it. ;) lol The thing I want most right now is a big single turbo Supra, preferrably with like a Garrett GT4088R or a Precision Turbo T71GTQ so I could make a comfortable 650-700whp. After riding in a couple big single turbo Supras several years ago, nothing will ever be the same, and I have now become addicted to the big single turbo boost! ;)

Wayne, that's a nice looking S14. Green isn't really my color, though the car looks great and well put together. With all of the drift craze, it's rare to see S13's or S14's anymore that haven't had all their bumpers knocked off at some point and every corner of the car dinged up from slamming into K-rails. ;) lol

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I like to pull up next to them. My tail pipe is about drivers window high. It only takes about 2 seconds to start the black smoke stream and about 1.2 seconds to fill them up.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I like rwd Japanese sports cars, like 240sx's, Supras, 300zx's, Datsun Z series, etc but I really don't like any of the FWD stuff like Hondas (S2000 and NSX are rwd so I like those). ;) Actually, I was big into the Japanese sports car scene several years ago, though I never seemed to be able to finish a car project. For awhile there, I was trying to build an Rb26 Datsun 240z. Heck, I still have a damaged Rb26 laying around in the garage to prove it. ;) lol The thing I want most right now is a big single turbo Supra, preferrably with like a Garrett GT4088R or a Precision Turbo T71GTQ so I could make a comfortable 650-700whp. After riding in a couple big single turbo Supras several years ago, nothing will ever be the same, and I have now become addicted to the big single turbo boost! ;)

Wayne, that's a nice looking S14. Green isn't really my color, though the car looks great and well put together. With all of the drift craze, it's rare to see S13's or S14's anymore that haven't had all their bumpers knocked off at some point and every corner of the car dinged up from slamming into K-rails. ;) lol

Supras are fun...the only thing I hated when I had one was that the downpipe would scrape pulling into the garage. Wanted to do a big single, but I had other projects going on at the time...but they definitely do scream with a big turbo! Get one!!!

Its funny you say that about the color...I didn't like the idea of green until I saw this color on the Lamborghini Murcielago. I instantly fell in love with it and went with that color. I have a couple of other cars that are getting ready to get painted the same color. I just hope they look good on those cars too...and definitely thank you for the kind words about the car!

I like to pull up next to them. My tail pipe is about drivers window high. It only takes about 2 seconds to start the black smoke stream and about 1.2 seconds to fill them up.

LoL...had a guy in a Dodge Ram try to smoke me out on I45 once...called the police on him...I felt my life was in danger.

Had SR powered 240s. Got rid of them both, now I have an E36 M3.

16Niss ... I'm assuming you know Al with the S14.

I have known Al for a long time...he started a car team when we started 16NiSS. We had the same circle of friends back then! I keep trying to get away from S14's and I keep getting sucked back in...lol.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    nice...what kind of car?

I was playing with my 95 Miata (recently sold it). I didn't go after the engine, but put some fun stuff from Flyin' Miatas in there: 8.5lb flywheel and ACT clutch, stainless brake hoses, AGX shocks. Did a nice negative camber/no toe alignment on it and put some Azenis RT615 tires on. It stuck so well it was actually frightening to look for the limits of grip on curves.

I can't say enough about slotted rotors for Miata owners in the rain. My car's brakes would load up with water on the freeway and not want to stop right away until I put those on.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can't say enough about slotted rotors for Miata owners in the rain. My car's brakes would load up with water on the freeway and not want to stop right away until I put those on.

The downside to slotted rotors is that they cheese-grate the pads pretty badly. This also tosses a bunch of pad material all over your wheels.

My car has 12.3" rotors all around, so thankfully I don't have to go upgrading everything. The calipers have shitty feel compared to a 4 piston, but oh well, somethings I can live with.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have known Al for a long time...he started a car team when we started 16NiSS. We had the same circle of friends back then! I keep trying to get away from S14's and I keep getting sucked back in...lol.

Al is a wildman.

So who else do you know? Do you know Bernie that had the Turbo IS300?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have been playing around with the sport compacts for a littlewhile, been through a neon srt, mitsu ralliart, and now drive a Saturn Ion Redline....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The downside to slotted rotors is that they cheese-grate the pads pretty badly. This also tosses a bunch of pad material all over your wheels.

My car has 12.3" rotors all around, so thankfully I don't have to go upgrading everything. The calipers have shitty feel compared to a 4 piston, but oh well, somethings I can live with.

Eh, I put semi-metallic pads on to make up for it. They were pretty hard pads.

Didn't care about the dust on the wheels, though.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Al is a wildman.

So who else do you know? Do you know Bernie that had the Turbo IS300?

I know Bernie as well...picked up an IS-F I think too. I know pretty much all of Al's older friends. Not sure if you were in Houston way back in those days though...

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    i don't know how you drive a rice rocket on a daily basis on houston streets.. i would be going through kits like crazy..

booo imports suck poo

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom