Sportsmans Finest?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by wildcat, Jun 7, 2008.

1. wildcat

wildcat Member

May 3, 2008
    Went to so called "Sportsmans Finest" in Austin. Was not in a tuxedo, but nicely dressed. Was ignored. Approached a clerk to ask a question on an overpriced gun, and was told to"wait your damn turn!!!!!" Never again

2. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    i was gonna stop by there next time i rode to austin but not now. I dont understand why people who work with people are pissed off just quit and get a job you can somewhat enjoy.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Interesting... I had gone up there with HK_Fiend and they were chatting with us and were happy to show us all their toys, even the NFA weapons.

Charles Dorrance is the president of the company if you wanted to call up there and let him know. His email is charles.dorrance@sportsmansfinest.com

4. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had a good experience there too. :confused:

5. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Collectors Firearms in Houston can be like that. I went in two years back with $3,500.00 cash in hand to buy a Bear or Wilson .45. The wife was with me at the time & every swinging dick in the place bent over backwards trying to help her with nothing. I stood at the case were they keep the high end .45 being ignored. I'm glad they pissed me off as they are over priced, but the principle of it just burns my ass.

6. CarbonCycles

CarbonCycles Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    funny you guys mention that, i always get that treatment from McBrides

7. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    It is very tough to find quality service with any product I did however recently ordered a firearm from R&R arms In MN and they gave fast service and communication was excellent, while I prefer to buy local I find it increasing hard to do.

8. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As anyone who has met me knows I do not fit the mold for your average anything. 6'4" about 275 and about 45% tattooed{including my skull}

I was treated great at SF and have been every time I go in.{both before and after I bought my DPMS LR308}

Take Texas1911's advice and call the owner.

9. robbf213

robbf213 New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Jefferson, TX
    I bought a Surefire suppressor from them and had a good experience. Their prices are reaaly high on most items.

10. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Too bad.Customer service here is lacking also.I have a lot of rude people who come into the shop but I always try to go the extra mile with a smile.:D