• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I was browsing the firearms counter at Academy in the woodlands Sunday, when I spotted a Taurus CT2 carbine in 9mm. Of course I had to fondle it and maybe even drooled on it a little.
    I have been anticipating these since the were first shown 3years ago. There is an article on them in this months G&A if you missed it.
    It felt pretty good in the hands, except the safety seemed unreachable with any sort of firing grip. The only downfall is the stinking 10 round mag bullshit.
    I would absolutely love to take one home, but with one stinking 10 rounder, is it really worth $800?
    Capitol Armory ad

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Saw the same carbine at my local Academy's and couldn't believe the price. That is not competitive at all! I know Taurus is trying to improve their reputation but it's not there yet for me. I'm sure not sinking $800+ when I could just get a Beretta equivalent and also know I have better magazine availability for it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    For those who may not know what is being discussed, here are some pictures.

CT_G2_1.jpg

CT_G2_2.jpg

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    The HiPoint 995 is less than $300. 10 round magazines are all that's available for them that will actually work, but there's always the option of more than one magazine being carried. I have a 9mm and a .45 ACP HiPoint and they actually shoot pretty well out to 100 yards.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    If you have not read th G&A article, it stated that ATF would not allow Taurus to import a rifle that had more than 10 round mags. Further more, they could not even make a mag that held more than 10, or be involved in the designing of one.
    What a crock of shit. How do they ever expect this thing to sell?
    Mic it took 24/7 mags, I think they would have a real seller on their hands.
    Furthermore, how does the ATF come up with these freaking rules?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    If you have not read th G&A article, it stated that ATF would not allow Taurus to import a rifle that had more than 10 round mags. Further more, they could not even make a mag that held more than 10, or be involved in the designing of one.
    What a crock of shit. How do they ever expect this thing to sell?
    Mic it took 24/7 mags, I think they would have a real seller on their hands.
    Furthermore, how does the ATF come up with these freaking rules?
    they defined sporting.....

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I think Academy's price of $800 is way out of line. A CX4 should cost $800 or $850. I saw this Taurus on a few tables at the gun show last weekend... one for $580.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Where can I get sub2k for $400? One that takes glock mags in 9 mil preferably.
    lol... lots of places. They generally run ~$350. Unfortunately Keltec only makes a batch of them every so often; gotta be patient and keep your eyes peeled.

A couple tips... Sign up for CDNN's emails. Seems like they get some in at least once a year. Also sign up for notifications at Budsgunshop or anywhere else that'll give you in stock notifications.

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    lol... lots of places. They generally run ~$350. Unfortunately Keltec only makes a batch of them every so often; gotta be patient and keep your eyes peeled.

A couple tips... Sign up for CDNN's emails. Seems like they get some in at least once a year. Also sign up for notifications at Budsgunshop or anywhere else that'll give you in stock notifications.

I forgot about this company. Signed up just now. Thanks!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom