• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Anyone seen this before? I ran across it on another forum and thought I'd post it here. For most of us that have been carrying a while alot of it's common sense stuff (I think anyways) but I remember doing some of it when I first started carrying.

attachment.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Good information for everyone to remember so we don't expose our toy. I personally have carried my 'friend' on my weak-hand side, just stuck in my belt under a loose untucked shirt, for over 30 years now without an issue.

My only gimmee to others is I need to remember to slip it under my thigh when I sit in a vehicle for very long because if I sit on it, there will be an unnatural wrinkle or crease in my shirt where it is positioned. I also catch myself constantly checking and pulling my shirt-tail down to make sure it is not caught on the slide.

I taught myself to watch for someone always readjusting clothes for no apparent reason.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've seen this on 1911forum and replied there. If I wasn't on my phone here I'd blow most of these out of the water :)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've seen this on 1911forum and replied there. If I wasn't on my phone here I'd blow most of these out of the water :)

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I think it's pretty accurate for new carriers that aren't use to or don't trust their equipment yet.....or thugs that don't use holsters. I just posted it as I thought it was funny and I know I did some of it when I first starting carrying.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Are you saying it is inaccurate?

I'm saying there are other reasons why a person would act in the manners decscribed in the flyer than carrying concealed.

My list:

- asymmetrical gait: due to a bad knee and a previous CNS injury, I have a slight limp depending on the day and my conditioning

- upper body shift: I'm girl; we all adjust our bra at some point or another in the day :p

- running from the rain: again, girl; we all run!

- conspicuous clothing: I don't care every day

- jacket fits unevenly: yup, store a buncha stuff in hte pockets, that will happen

- hand rests on gun: not hand but elbow; I can't exactly remove my arm and place it elcewhere when I carry. It will touch

- holster bulges: I'm 5'3" 110 soaking wet in Texas attire, everything shows

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I'm saying there are other reasons why a person would act in the manners decscribed in the flyer than carrying concealed.

My list:

- asymmetrical gait: due to a bad knee and a previous CNS injury, I have a slight limp depending on the day and my conditioning

- upper body shift: I'm girl; we all adjust our bra at some point or another in the day :p

- running from the rain: again, girl; we all run!

- conspicuous clothing: I don't care every day

- jacket fits unevenly: yup, store a buncha stuff in hte pockets, that will happen

- hand rests on gun: not hand but elbow; I can't exactly remove my arm and place it elcewhere when I carry. It will touch

- holster bulges: I'm 5'3" 110 soaking wet in Texas attire, everything shows

Makes sense to me. I wasn't saying it was 100%, but your short reply didn't give much info.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Makes sense to me. I wasn't saying it was 100%, but your short reply didn't give much info.

You're correct, my short reply didn't give much info. As I post empted, twice (thanks txinvestigator!) , "If I wasn't on my phone here...".

So, now that I am on the copmuter now, I have replied, in full to your inquiry ;)

Geronimo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    NE Texas
    Yeah, it applies more to thugs who generally don't use a holster.
    Pretty sure that was the original context for the graphic. And it was for NYC. If it was for most any other part of the country, there'd be something about fiddling with clothes once you get out of your car.

sawrecker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    I saw a guy at Academy the other day carrying at 3:30 looked iwb but his T shirt was too tight for the carry. I walked by and said, they sell XL t shirts right over there. He said why would I need that, I said dang man your shirt is so tight I can read the caliber. he put his arm down to his side real quick.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    Has it ever occured to anyone, that the only people looking for the tell tale signs of concealed carry, are themselves carrying a gun. No one else even gives it a second thought. Most people don't even give it a first thought.

technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Has it ever occured to anyone, that the only people looking for the tell tale signs of concealed carry, are themselves carrying a gun. No one else even gives it a second thought. Most people don't even give it a first thought.

That's not true in my case. I watched a guy come in to EZ's (burger place on N. Lamar in Austin) who was obviously Law Enforcement. Watching him, I kept thinking there was something wrong about how he was carrying, his jacket just didn't drape correctly. Finally figured it out, he was left handed.

Other than that, I carry a Leatherman Wave and 2AA mini maglight on my left side and an iPhone on my right side. Usually, I wear Hawaiian shirts, so they are covered, but the lumps are exactly hidden. I expect it confuses a lot of people.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    We call it the characteristics of an armed person. More specifically an illegally armed person.

Thugs rarely use holsters. They want to be able to ditch the gun and retain plausible deniablity. Kind of hard to say the gun is not yours when you have the proper holster for the gun in question attached to your belt.

Many newbie CCW holders are guilty of these things, especially the hand covering the concealed gun and adjusting/checking it. Once you get comfortable with carrying, it looks more natural.

Top Bottom