Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As always, I'm open for requests about what to bring.

Thus far, I'm only committed to bringing one free pistol to see if it fits Brains daughter.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring

Thus far, I'm only committed to bringing one free pistol to see if it fits Brains daughter.
    Barring some miracle, it's looking like she won't make it. She is really into gymnastics and has a training camp the same weekend. She is literally in tears about not being able to do both, asking if there was any way I could convince everyone to change it to another day. I'm really bummed myself, was really looking forward to bringing her again.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Bring that Holland&Holland SxS 450 No.2.
    I thought you were wanting to shoot the .505 Gibbs. Well, if you really want a SxS, that .700NE H&H hasn't been shot in a while.

I'll bring those along with the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

:)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    was really looking forward to bringing her again
    That's a bummer. Chin up, though. If her interest persists and she goes to any function being put on by TGT or even just the Houston gang, I'll probably be there to loan her that free pistol.

Actually, I'm being selfish in wanting her to try that particular pistol. I've always been intrigued by the problems of selecting a pistol for someone her size. Most pistols just aren't suitable for either kids or little people. So if this works for her, the experience will be more educational for me than for her.

Just to be sure I'm not being pushy, though, is she more interested in shooting handguns or long guns?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

For those of us who have no idea what your inventory is... I have no idea what to ask you to bring. I like pistols and rifles equally and I try to shoot new (to me old is very good) and interesting things as much as I can!

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Barring some miracle, it's looking like she won't make it. She is really into gymnastics and has a training camp the same weekend. She is literally in tears about not being able to do both, asking if there was any way I could convince everyone to change it to another day. I'm really bummed myself, was really looking forward to bringing her again.

Maybe put together a local kids day...or something like that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    IF anybody just happens to have a .327 that they would be willing to bring, please let me know.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That's a bummer. Chin up, though. If her interest persists and she goes to any function being put on by TGT or even just the Houston gang, I'll probably be there to loan her that free pistol.

Actually, I'm being selfish in wanting her to try that particular pistol. I've always been intrigued by the problems of selecting a pistol for someone her size. Most pistols just aren't suitable for either kids or little people. So if this works for her, the experience will be more educational for me than for her.

Just to be sure I'm not being pushy, though, is she more interested in shooting handguns or long guns?
    Maybe put together a local kids day...or something like that
    I think that's a great idea, is there any place in the area we could do a local thing? Clarke's boys need some range time too.

So far she's only had that one day last fall to shoot. That's been her only experience with real firearms to date, but she's hooked. She said her favorite of the day was my 10/22 TD with the Mist-22. She probably would have liked the AR were it not for the fact she's a lefty, and I have a slick side upper that was ejecting the brass into her cheek.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For those of us who have no idea what your inventory is...
    At the last gathering, you shot the free pistol that I was going to show Brains. Remember how small the grip was? That's why I was thinking it might work for his daughter.

I tend to forget that there are people I haven't already bored to death with stories or toys. :)

For the record, both Moonpie and Robert have better examples of older tech. They and Vaquero (and others, too, I'm sure) have a better appreciation for their history. Lots of people have much nicer stuff than me. And I'm hopeless with ARs; I have none and don't really care about them.

However, I tend to have some oddballs. I'm sure I can find a few interesting things to bring. Someone asked for a Glock with glass; I have a very retro setup that I'll bring. If I get no other requests, I'll bring a bullpup Norinco and some sort of pistol shooting a really loud medium rifle cartridge.

How's that sound?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    For the record, both Moonpie and Robert have better examples of older tech. They and Vaquero (and others, too, I'm sure) have a better appreciation for their history.
    Did you just call me old? Lol. I just like to bring stuff that others may not have had a chance to shoot. If we all showed up with bone stock G19's, it'd get boring fast.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Did you just call me old? Lol.
    I think you're younger than me so that would mean I just called myself old. And that would be accurate, damnitalltohell. :(
    I just like to bring stuff that others may not have had a chance to shoot.
    Which you do very well, I might add.
    If we all showed up with bone stock G19's, it'd get boring fast.
    Hmmm. Now that I think on it, there's a first-gen G17 in my house that's older than some of the people reading this. I remember when it was just a cheap police trade-in during the giant shift to .40S&W; now some people look at it like there's something special about a Gen 1.

Holy cow, I really am old, aren't I? Enough of that crap; let's get back to guns, helping Brains daughter, and more guns. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom