• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Noticed we are getting more people from the Spring area showing up... What about a GTG/Shoot sometime in November? Discuss please....
    ARJ Defense ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Not too sure, but I cannot shoot at Carters, went there the other day and I guess I am just too tall, not to mention the other shooters were... lets just say I felt safer in Iraq, and the per gun charge... we could always talk to the guys at Shiloh, but I dont think they will let you sling your lead there, Hot Wells, any other ideas? I am thinking the first weekend in November...

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    I would prefer NOT shooting at Hot Wells. Guess being shorter has some advantages as I can shoot under the pistol roof overhangs at Carter's with no problem. Any local private outdoor ranges available thru courtesy of a member there?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I am not a big fan of the regular range at Hot Wells, but I get to use the "special range" so not so bad.... Private range may be our best bet. Any one got ideas?

kawi jm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    I'd be up for something, I'm 6'4" and I don't seem to have any issues with the range at Carters. Other than the per gun charge:(

I have not shot at Hot Well's "special" range yet though.

John

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    The way to deal with Carter's per gun/per shooter pricing format is to just take one gun on each range trip. Pay your one time price and shoot as long as you want while concentrating on that one gun. Then next trip, take another gun. This is the approach I have used for years.

For those who are bothered by the roof overhang on the pistol range, simply pin your target to the bottom portion of target wire. This should give you plenty of room to shoot under the overhang without interference.

pupjoint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Montgomery county, Tx
    There is Gun Emporium on 2854 west of Conroe or Thunder gun range south of Conroe...Anyway I'm not a big fan of Carter country per gun chg. When I go to shoot my GF and I bring several weapons, and the cost really adds up...just my 2cents worth..

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Doesn't Hot Wells charge a per gun fee? I am pretty sure that's how they charged me the last time I went a month or so ago. And I know ASC does the same thing.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    There is still my favorite... Shiloh, TGT sponser and no per gun charge... indoors, and COUCHES!!! Not to mention you are always guaranteed interesting conversation....

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Come on...who wants to shoot????? I may stop by Shiloh tomorrow if I can get my day done early enough.....

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Well, we did just have our one year anniversary, but we didn't get to have a celebration because we were getting our asses kicked by John Farnam that weekend. So, local and non local shooters, lets get a date and think BBQ, Guns, God, and Freedom!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Let me find out what weekend next months Drill is on for my young warriors and I am there.... not trying to tell you to plan it around me, but I am all over it! Now I just want to know why with so many new members from Spring, it is so hard to get em to come shoot there? Guys and Gals, this is a great range run by some pretty darn cool people...

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I'm planning to visit Shiloh either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Wednesday and Friday are tactical classes. Thursday is IDPA. I'm going to catch at least one of those events. If I'm lucky I might get all three.

Tracer_Bullet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    H-Town
    Keep us informed - I'd like to meet up as well.

Keep the boards active if you are going to pitch something together.

I'd like get to know some of you in person....if possible.

I've been a long time "lurker" and short time poster. Sorry 'bout that!

Until then,
    TB

grumpybutt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Spring
    Carter's stinks, prices are rip off. Shiloh is great, Shooters Station is vary good. You want to see a night mare ( I went one time ) go to 59 Range. I could not believe the place is standing.

Top Bottom