• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasGunGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    near Houston, Texas.
    Range 3 is opened only when 1 and/or 2 is undergoing lead remediation or fully booked. That means that it's usually open on Saturday afternoons and otherwise as needed to relieve wait times on ranges 1 and 2.

SGA has actively sought and landed contracts with LE agencies. Air Marshals, for example, do their qualifying there. That means that at odd times, range 1 or 2 will go offline to the public. It can be frustrating.

SGA could do a better job of explaining their scheduling eccentricities to customers. Communication problems are too common there. Don't get me wrong; I love the place. But it has the potential to be so much better.[/QUOTE]

You sound like am employee there or former employee there. ;)

TexasGunGirl
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hey TGG,

For starters, welcome to the Forum.

If you are talking about "Benenglish", he is only a very regular customer there, as am I.....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You sound like am employee there or former employee there. ;)

TexasGunGirl
    I doubt Ben ever worked there but I'm not sure. What I do know is he's a respected member here and a very knowledgeable person in general.

And who might you be? Introductions would be nice as opposed to a snide 1st time post.

Last edited:

TexasGunGirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    near Houston, Texas.
    I am not sure. I took some friends there who I recently convinced to purchase a firearm and wanted to teach how to shoot about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. We went on a Saturday when they first opened up to make sure we got lanes.As I said they are really close to me. They turned all 4 of us away due to their CHL class needing the lanes. There was no mention of any other lanes available in another building. We ended up going to Carters Country instead and had a great time. When was it opened up?

I quoted this since it's old but yet not that old. I will say that on Saturday the doors will be open BUT the store/range itself isn't usually open itself. It's open for the CHL people to come in. They shoot on both ranges in the building to qualify AND usually they also go outside with another CHL instructor to qualify in the 3rd range. The shooting is usually done with right around the time the actual store opens or not too long after that. I think I've only seen it go over once so I'm really unsure what time the OP went to the range. I will say they should've said something whether they were open or not to let you know they would be finishing up as soon as possible and be letting people in. BUT I'm also not sure if it was the range girls that turned you away or the sales guys. There is a disconnect many times between the two sides.

woodantpku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    I am planning to visit them too, do they have a pistol for rent list? I am looking forward to trying a Glock 26 and SW MP9C to find my best CHL gun.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hope this isn't too bad a necro-post but has anyone made use of the gunsmith behind SGA? I had an occasion to deal with him today. It was a 30 second job and if he was interested in good customer service, he wouldn't charge me anything.

He didn't charge me anything.

Yeah, yeah, that was passive-aggressive me testing the waters but the guy seemed to have the right attitude about customer service.

I read on here all the time about people trying to find someone to just thread and re-crown a muzzle unsuccessfully yet that was right there on his price sheet so I'm wondering if anyone has given him anything challenging and whether he came through or not.

So - Has anybody had him do any serious, technically-demanding work for them? Any problems?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have had too many unpleasant LGS gunsmith experiences to ever trust one again, so I'd be pleased to hear of one that could be trusted with the more technical stuff. Ben, do you know his name, where he came from, etc? Young guy?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom