• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    This is a question from the watch forum I go to. Thought maybe I could find an answer from here for him.

"I have a quick question maybe someone can help me with. My brother just got a new springfield 1911 and it has the lock in the back strap. He locked it and it now will not unlock. Is there a trick on how to unlock this problem? I have played with it and cant get it. It moves and then gets blocked and is solid. Thanks"

Thanks if you can help.
    Skip
    ARJ Defense ad

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    I have a Springfield as well. The owner's manual says to "insert the key and turn counter-clockwise until the holes are vertical or stacked". If you want I can scan the page and send it to you via email or something.

I removed the mainspring housing from mine and replaced it with a regular mainspring housing so the Integral Locking System is history.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have a Springfield as well. The owner's manual says to "insert the key and turn counter-clockwise until the holes are vertical or stacked". If you want I can scan the page and send it to you via email or something.

I removed the mainspring housing from mine and replaced it with a regular mainspring housing so the Integral Locking System is history.

I did the same... ditched the MSH with a normal one.

JOe

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Uhggg, ILS.

Yup, just insert the little key and get the holes rotated vertical. BTW, don't lose the key if you lock it

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Note that the internals of the idiot locking system MSH are not interchangable with the standard MSHs. Therefore you will need to get new internals if you change the MSH to a standard one. The 1911forum.com sight has good tutorials on this.

Top Bottom