• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JackieTequila

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Houston
    Shot my Springfield EMP at the range the other day. While field stripping it before cleaning, I had a difficult time removing the slide. When I finally was able to remove the slide, I found that the Ejector had come loose. Apparently Springfield Armory does not pin their ejectors and the “lock-tite” or whatever bonding material they used had failed.

I called Springfield Armory and told them of my dilemma and they told me they were going to send me a prepaid FedEx label and to send it in where they will drill and install a pin at no-charge. “Fair enough”.

I looked at my STI Trojan and my Kimber and noted that they both had pins securing their ejectors but my Springfield TRP did not and I guess it is “glued” in place same as the EMP.

This did not provide a great deal of confidence in Springfield Armory in terms of making me wonder what other short cuts they take.
    ARJ Defense ad

Briley9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    hummmm... just checked my SA 1911's (.45 and couple 9's) and all have pinned ejectors... hope you'll get relief from SA. they usually make it right. in terms of couple free mags or add some custom work before they ship it back... cheers

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Springfield makes good guns. There are revered brands out there that have their QC issues.

Send it back, let them make it right. I suppose if they didn't send you a packing slip you'd be mad at them for having terrible CS and not standing by their product.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Ejectors are ejectors. Get it pinned and go again.

Top Bottom