• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    m1a.jpg

I've always wanted an M1A and I finally bought one about a month ago. It's a loaded stainless with a synthetic stock, and since it was originally a California gun, it came with the factory Springfield compensator; which works pretty well.

nmlogo.jpg

The Loaded model comes with the majority of National Match components, including an air-gauged 1:11 match barrel, sans the bedded wood stock. I've seen the same model do sub-MOA groups at 100 yards with factory match loads so it's got alot of potential.

The trigger is pretty good for a factory gun. It's the two-stage National Match trigger and has about a 4 - 4.5 lb. pull weight. Not too light, not too heavy, with a clean break. The rear match aperture is very narrow and makes the irons accurate, but hard to see through.
    DK Firearms

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Congrats Alan!! Yea, those are and will always be premier classics to own... I love mine and actually thinking about getting another M1A but as a Socom 16 to put it in a JAE-100 stock configuration.

Lumberjack98

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    Yes, me and Google go way back. ;) Problem is, my company blocks 99% of all weapons-related websites. They also block 99% of all message boards. How TexasGunTalk makes it through the filter, I'm not sure...but I ain't complainin'!

Ah...didn't think of that. Sorry!

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Texas1911 said:
    I've always wanted an M1A and I finally bought one about a month ago. It's a loaded stainless with a synthetic stock, and since it was originally a California gun, it came with the factory Springfield compensator; which works pretty well.

The Loaded model comes with the majority of National Match components, including an air-gauged 1:11 match barrel, sans the bedded wood stock. I've seen the same model do sub-MOA groups at 100 yards with factory match loads so it's got alot of potential.

The trigger is pretty good for a factory gun. It's the two-stage National Match trigger and has about a 4 - 4.5 lb. pull weight. Not too light, not too heavy, with a clean break. The rear match aperture is very narrow and makes the irons accurate, but hard to see through.

You're gonna love that set up. I have a Loaded with SS barrel and it does sub moa. Here's what I did to get mine to sub moa status.

I thought I might want to deer hunt with it so I thought to begin testing hunting loads vs military surp that I had been shooting. I also did not want to damage the nice walnut stock it came with, so I bought a used surplus stock from Cheaper than Dirt for something like $12 or so. Being a bit lazy in my reloading and load development, I took a box of 20 rounds of the Portugese surplus that was around then and pulled the fmj bullets and replaced 10 of them with Hornady 150 gr sp and the other 10 with Speer 150 gr sp bullets and went to the range.

I put the rifle in the "new" beat to heck dirty wood stock from CTD and begin firing from 100. I shot a 4 shot .45" group with the Hornady bullets, but the rear sight came loose on the 5th shot and opened it up a bit. This was with iron sights too, no scope or optics. Figured I'd found my hunting load right there.

I love my Loaded SS M1A and I know you will too. They are superb weapons.

BTW, took my SOCOM 16 this year on a deer hunt and took 3 piggys with it. Only had an EoTech mounted on it and it made bacon in nothing flat.

Top Bottom